Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan hospitalised in KarachiFebruary 13th, 2009 - 2:24 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Feb.13 (ANI): Legendry ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan has been hospitalized after he reported uneasiness and difficulty in breathing.
Hassan has been admitted to the Agha Khan Hospital here.
He has been kept in an intensive care unit (ICU) of the hospital, where doctors are treating him for chest and lung infections.
Not only is he unable to speak, but he is also unable to recognise his family members, The News quoted Hassans son, Arif Mehdi, as saying.
The 82 year old Shahenshah-e-Ghazal has been fighting ill health for long . (ANI)
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mahesh Bhatt visits Karachi to see ailing Mehdi Hassan - Feb 16, 2009
- Zardari announces one million rupees for ailing Mehdi Hassan - Feb 15, 2009
- Mehdi Hassan to be laid to rest Friday - Jun 13, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan to be discharged from hospital soon, family unable to pay medical bills - Mar 22, 2009
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan battling illness - Feb 08, 2011
- Big B mourns ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 14, 2012
- Mahesh Bhatt visits Mehdi Hassan in Pakistan hospital - Feb 15, 2009
- Mamata Banerjee condoles Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 13, 2012
- Pakistani ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan loses his memory - Nov 14, 2010
- Ali Zafar prays for Mehdi Hassan's good health - Jan 16, 2012
- Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu visit Mehdi Hassan's grave in Karachi - Jun 17, 2012
- Bollywood remembers 'immortal' Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Ailing Pak ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan in hospital - Oct 30, 2008
Tags: agha khan hospital, difficulty in breathing, doctors, family members, ghazal singer, hospitalised, ill health, intensive care unit, karachi, legendry, lung infections, maestro, mehdi hassan, shahenshah