Geo News reporter shot dead in KarachiJanuary 14th, 2011 - 3:32 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 14 (IANS) A reporter of Geo News was shot dead in Pakistan’s southern Karachi city, the news channel said Thursday.Wali Khan Babar was on his way home from office when he was attacked in the Liaquatabad area of the city, Geo News said.
The gunmen opened fire at close range, killing him instantly. His body was found in a car.
Geo News said it was a case of target killing as the victim was shot at least five times, including two on his forehead.
Wali Khan Babar was covering the operation against the drug-traffickers in the Pehalwan Goth area of Karachi. He was on his way home after filing a report when he was gunned down.
- Prime accused in Pakistani reporter's murder killed - May 26, 2012
- Journalist among 14 killed in Pakistan violence (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Journalist among eight killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Pakistani scribes demand clarification over killing - Aug 30, 2011
- Three, including ANP activist killed in Pakistan - Mar 28, 2011
- Karachi violence: Death toll rises to 12 - Mar 12, 2011
- Two more killed in Karachi violence - Jun 16, 2012
- Benazir's former security guard killed in Karachi - Jul 17, 2011
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai's aide shot dead in attack - Jul 18, 2011
- Eight killed in Karachi - May 06, 2012
- Former Pakistani MP's son shot dead - Mar 08, 2011
- Pakistani lawmaker's wife, daughter killed - Jan 31, 2012
- Karzai advisor, lawmaker shot dead in Kabul (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2011
- 14 gunned down in Karachi - Mar 31, 2012
- 4 killed, 14 hurt in Karachi suicide attack (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012