Full security will be provided to Salmaan Taseer’s family: Shahbaz SharifJanuary 10th, 2011 - 6:18 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Jan 10 (ANI): Full security will be provided to the family of slain Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has said, adding that he did not deserve to die the way he did.
On Tuesday, Taseer was assassinated by Malik Mumtaz Hussain Qadri, one of his own elite security force protectors, who opened fire on him because of the governor’s support for the release of Pakistani-Christian woman Asia Bibi, who has been sentenced to death on blasphemy charges.
“I myself went to the Islamabad Polyclinic Hospital to pay condolences to the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leadership present at the spot,” the Daily Times quoted Shahbaz, as saying.
Replying to a question, he said that the Punjab Government had asked the federal government for formation of a judicial commission to probe Taseer’s assassination, and expressed the hope that the PPP-led government would soon approach the Islamabad High Court in this regard.
Commenting on the forensic laboratory, Shahbaz said that a highly modernised forensic lab was being established in the city, which would prove to be a milestone in the eradication of crimes from not only Punjab, but also other provinces of the country.The CM said that the protection of life and property of people and the eradication of crime was the top priority of the Punjab Government and setting up of the forensic lab was an important step in this direction, as it would not only help curb the crime rate but also trace the criminals and bring them to justice. (ANI)
- Bhatti calls Taseer's assassination an act to 'sabotage peace and interfaith harmony' - Jan 10, 2011
- Minorities committee asks Pak Govt. to pursue Taseer murder case 'properly' - Feb 20, 2011
- Pak Court dismisses plea seeking quashing of FIR, ATC trial against Taseer's assassin - Jan 21, 2011
- 'Courageous' Salmaan Taseer's sacrifice will not go waste: Zardari - Jan 07, 2011
- PPP will honour Salmaan Taseer's memory by continuing his mission: Bilawal Bhutto - Jan 07, 2011
- Taseer's assassin should be punished only for violating law, not murder: Qari Hanif - Feb 15, 2011
- Qadri killed Pak Punjab Governor in his own capacity, says head of probe team - Feb 24, 2011
- US Congress for revoking visas of supporters of Taseer assassin - Jan 16, 2011
- Salman Taseer's killer remanded to police custody for a day - Jan 06, 2011
- No room for secularism in Pakistan as Islam is its sole identity: Jama'at-e-Islami - Jan 08, 2011
- Taseer assassination case to be heard in-camera to prevent earlier media fiasco - Jan 18, 2011
- Salman Taseer's killer remanded to five-day police custody - Jan 07, 2011
- Pakistani governor killed by own guard - Jan 04, 2011
- Pak Govt to protect minorities at all costs: Zardari - Jan 21, 2011
- Blasphemy accused Pak-Christian woman may be shifted to women-only jail for safety - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: bibi, blasphemy, christian woman, condolences, crime rate, elite security, eradication, forensic lab, forensic laboratory, full security, islamabad, judicial commission, lahore, mumtaz, ppp, punjab chief minister, punjab government, security force, shahbaz sharif, top priority