Four police officers killed as militants target police vehicle, security checkpoint in PakJanuary 13th, 2011 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Jan 13(ANI): Four police officers were killed and nine others wounded, when militants targeted a police vehicle and a security checkpoint with bombs in northwest Pakistan on Thursday.
In the first attack, three policemen were killed when a remote-controlled bomb destroyed a vehicle carrying police and paramilitary forces in the Bannu district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, the Dawn quoted a police official, as saying.
Five security personnel were also wounded in the attack, he added.
In another militant attack, a bomb ripped through a checkpoint manned by tribal police in Bara, a town near the northwestern city of Peshawar, killing one officer and wounding four others.
The attacks came a day after a suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into a mosque in Bannu, killing 20 people and injuring 16 others.
The Pakistani Taliban immediately claimed Wednesday’s attack, and said they were avenging US drone strikes in Pakistan’s tribal belt.
Wednesday’s bomb attack followed a missile strike by an unmanned aircraft on a militant compound in North Waziristan at dawn, which killed five militants, security officials said. (ANI)
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Six die in Pakistan suicide blast (Second Lead) - Nov 30, 2010
- Seven hurt in Pakistan blast - May 24, 2012
- Three killed in Pakistan roadside bombing - Feb 29, 2012
- Three killed in another blast in Pakistan - Jan 13, 2011
- Suicide blast in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - Jan 12, 2011
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will continue fighting against terrorism: Bashir Bilour - Jan 31, 2011
- 640 Pakistanis died in 37 suicide attacks this year - Nov 29, 2010
- One cop killed, three injured in checkpoint bomb attack at Peshawar - Feb 08, 2011
- 34 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- 1 terrorist, 4 security personnel killed in terror attacks in Pak tribal region - Oct 21, 2010
- Bomb blast kills two soldiers in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2010
- Twin blasts rock Pakistan's tribal area - Jan 29, 2011
- Pak security forces foil terror plan in Hangu, recover explosive-laden vehicle - Dec 25, 2010
- 10 militants among 15 killed in Pakistan clash (Lead) - Sep 18, 2011
Tags: bannu district, bomb attack, drone, missile strike, north waziristan, northwestern city, paramilitary forces, peshawar, police official, police vehicle, policemen, security checkpoint, security officials, security personnel, suicide bomber, target, tribal belt, tribal police, unmanned aircraft, vehicle security