Four killed in Peshawar suicide blast (Lead)January 31st, 2011 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
Peshawar, Jan 31 (IANS) At least four people, including a senior police official, were killed while 15 people were injured Monday in a suicide blast in this capital city of northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.”The suicide bomber targeted a police van, which was severely damaged. The DSP (deputy superintendent of police) on board and his three guards were killed on the spot,” police said, adding that “the injured have been shifted to the Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar”.
“Three of the injured people are in a critical condition,” Geo TV said.
Bashir Bilour, a provincial minister, said: “Police have made a lot of sacrifice at the front line in the war against militants”.
“We will take this war to its logical end and would not spare the terrorists,” he vowed.
This was the fourth terror act in Peshawar during the first month of 2011. The country’s security forces have launched a crackdown against Taliban and Al-Qaeda militants in tribal areas bordering Afghanistan.
- Two dead, 14 hurt in Peshawar blast - Jul 01, 2011
- 27 killed as `schoolboy' bomber attacks Pakistan Army centre (Third Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Two dead, 13 hurt in Peshawar car blast (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will continue fighting against terrorism: Bashir Bilour - Jan 31, 2011
- 10 die in Pakistan blast - Jan 17, 2011
- Senior cop dies in Peshawar suicide blast (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Suicide blast in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - Jan 12, 2011
- Taliban's revenge: 80 killed in Pakistan suicide blasts (Third Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- 13 killed in blast at Peshawar funeral (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Pakistani politician escapes bid on life - Mar 03, 2012
- 20 killed in blast outside Pakistan police station (Second Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Over 90 killed in Pakistan terror bombings, plane crash - Nov 05, 2010
- Nine students among 19 killed in Pakistan blast - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: afghanistan, al qaeda, al qaeda militants, bashir, crackdown, critical condition, deputy superintendent, dsp, geo tv, khyber, police official, police van, provincial minister, reading hospital, sacrifice, security forces, suicide bomber, taliban, terrorists, tribal areas