Four killed, five injured in Pak bomb blastMay 2nd, 2011 - 7:08 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, May 2(ANI): A woman and three children were killed in a bomb blast near a mosque in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on Monday, just hours after the US announced that it killed Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in a secret operation in Abbottabad.
Five people, including two police officials, were also injured in the attack, which took place in the town of Charsadda, about 85 miles west of Abbottabad.
Local police chief Nisar Khan Marwat said that the mosque is located close to a police station, The Dawn reports.
The bomb destroyed the mosque and damaged the outer wall of the police station, he added.
Bin Laden, who had evaded capture for a decade, was killed in a top secret operation involving a small team of US special forces on Sunday. (ANI)
- Mosque bomb kills 4 in central Pakistan - May 02, 2011
- Osama death: Zardari, Gilani, Pak security chiefs in emergency talks - May 02, 2011
- Laden's death near Islamabad will cause tension between US, Pakistan: Expert - May 02, 2011
- Contractor who built Osama's compound detained from Abottabad - May 04, 2011
- Taliban claims responsibility for Pakistan twin blasts - May 13, 2011
- Pakistan Taliban threaten US, Pak over Osama bin Laden's killing - May 02, 2011
- 68 dead, 80 hurt in twin suicide blasts in Pakistan (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Bomb attack strikes U.S. Consulate vehicles in Pakistan - May 20, 2011
- Al-Qaeda affiliates will still pose threats: US experts - May 02, 2011
- Pak, Afghanistan, US hold trilateral talks in Islamabad - May 03, 2011
- US consulate vehicles targeted in Peshawar blast, one dead (Second Lead) - May 20, 2011
- US condemns terror attack in Pakistan - May 14, 2011
- Pak highlights 'significant role' in counter-terrorism efforts - May 02, 2011
- Osama's death "shared achievement" by US, Pak, Afghanistan: Grossman - May 03, 2011
- Fearing death, Pakistani doctor refuses to eat prison meals - Jun 03, 2012