Four Australians taking $1 mn cash, steroids to BangladeshAugust 2nd, 2012 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Aug 2 (IANS) Four Australians have been arrested while trying to carry over one million dollars in cash and a large quantity of steroids. According to the police, they were headed to Bangladesh but held at the Sydney Airport.
The four belonged to Sydney and were arrested at Sydney Airport’s international terminal Wednesday, Sydney Morning Herald reported.
Customs officials intercepted and searched the four Sydney men. They were later arrested by the Australian Federal Police and have been charged with Commonwealth proceeds of crime offences as well as possessing a restricted substance and were to appear in Parramatta Local Court Thursday.
Drug Squad detectives from the New South Wales Police Force “had some information” about the men that indicated they would be boarding a flight to Bangladesh Wednesday morning to smuggle illegal drugs out of the country, said a police spokesperson.
- Australian victims given drugs for sexual favours - Jul 11, 2010
- Ex-England footie star Gazza arrested for drugs offences - Oct 22, 2010
- Drug smuggler arrested in Rajasthan - Dec 18, 2011
- Two drug peddlers jailed for 10 years - Apr 24, 2012
- Suzanne Stokes busted for meth possession - Jun 09, 2011
- US woman arrested on charges of cocaine smuggling - Dec 25, 2010
- Australian politician faces child porn charges - Apr 21, 2011
- Australia's most wanted man arrested - Oct 11, 2011
- Soulja Boy arrested for possession of marijuana - Oct 18, 2011
- Child porn website mastermind held in Australia - May 21, 2011
- Four Britons, Indian held in Bali cocaine case - May 28, 2012
- Fardeen Khan gets immunity in drugs case - Feb 29, 2012
- Oz considering banning electronic tickets, automatic baggage check-ins over security reasons - Jan 09, 2011
- Italian drugs, arms racket busted, 20 held - Jun 16, 2012
- Four Indians arrested in Bangkok with 8.5kg of 'ice' - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: aug 2, australian federal police, australians, customs officials, detectives, illegal drugs, international terminal, local court, morning herald, new south wales, new south wales police, new south wales police force, one million dollars, police spokesperson, proceeds of crime, south wales police, steroids, sydney airport, sydney morning herald, wednesday morning