Former Pakistani PM’s son arrestedSeptember 14th, 2012 - 12:14 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 14 (IANS) Former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani’s son Ali Musa Gilani was arrested Friday from the gate of the Supreme Court while he was on his way to appear for a hearing in a case related to quotas for the drug ephedrine, a media report said.
Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) personnel took Musa Gilani into custody when he arrived at the apex court’s gate to appear for the hearing in the ephedrine quota case, reported Dawn.
Musa Gilani offered resistance when ANF personnel tried to take him into custody.
The Anti Narcotics Force (ANF) has named eight accused in a petition, including Musa Gilani.
On April 9, the government removed two ANF officials who were investigating the scam of illegal sale of ephedrine.
The scam came to light when the ANF informed a three-judge bench of the Supreme Court that the ephedrine quota worth Rs.7 billion was given to two Multan-based companies under pressure of an influential person.
- Gilani's son, named in drug scam, returns from South Africa - Apr 22, 2012
- Drug scam: Details of visitors to Gilani's home sought - Apr 17, 2012
- Gilani's son in Rs.7 bn drug scam? - Mar 30, 2012
- Shahabuddin, Gilani's son face arrest (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Shahabuddin dropped, Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP's new PM hopeful (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Arrest warrants issued against Shahabuddin, Gilani's son - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan prime ministerial hopeful Makhdoom Shahabuddin - a brief profile - Jun 20, 2012
- Race for Pakistan PM: PPP drops Shahabuddin, names Ashraf (Evening Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Gilani's son named in drug scam - Apr 19, 2012
- Pakistani daily seeks impartial probe in drug scam - Apr 18, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,