Former Nepal monarch backs Hindu state bidMarch 9th, 2010 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, Mar 9 (ANI): The former monarch of Nepal, Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah backed the call for his country to be declared as a Hindu state, three years after his ouster and the Himalayan nation attaining the tag of being secular.
He said this on the sidelines of religious function that was held at the Pashupati Bankali temple here on Monday.
Shah and his wife Komal attended the ongoing Rudrachandi Akhanda Mahayagnya, a Hindu fire ritual, organised for Nepal being reinstated as a Hindu nation.Talking to reporters, Shah said that he would support the people if they have the desire to restore the country as a Hindu nation.
“It does not matter as to who is in the government, but peace is needed and for that Hindu nation is required and long-live Hindu nation,” said Shah.
Kali Baba, a self-styled Hindu mystic has organised this Mahayagnya Sinch March 1 for the establishment of peace and also for the Nepal having the status of a Hindu nation by contending that he is ready to sacrifice his life for Nepal being once again declared as a Hindu country.
Earlier, former Nepali Congress leader Krishna Prasad Bhattarai and former Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Duwa, also took part in this Mahayagnya, and expressed their support to the ritual’s objective. (ANI)
- Last king attends prayers to restore Nepal as Hindu state - Mar 08, 2010
- Deposed Nepal king heads for India again - Mar 10, 2011
- Nepal seeks to stop blood bath at biggest Hindu festival - Sep 28, 2011
- Ex-Nepal PM Bhattarai' last rites performed in Kathmandu - Mar 06, 2011
- Ousted Nepal king eyes comeback chance? - Mar 24, 2010
- Nepal campaigners call for end to animal sacrifices - Nov 24, 2010
- Nepal devotees await Sathya Sai Baba's reincarnation - Apr 25, 2011
- Nepal Maoists defend disputed Buddha birthplace deal - Aug 10, 2011
- Nepal's ex-king says it all in a few words - Oct 09, 2010
- Google brings extra Christmas cheer to Nepal - Dec 25, 2010
- Nepali Congress seeks action against former crown prince - Dec 13, 2010
- Indian Army chief in Nepal to strengthen military bond - Jul 10, 2012
- Nepal's former princesses turn over a new leaf - Oct 08, 2010
- Nepal seeks to end social malpractices - Jul 25, 2011
- Bhattarai recalls his wedding in Delhi! - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: bikram, bir, congress leader, desire, duwa, fire ritual, former prime minister, himalayan nation, hindu nation, hindu state, krishna prasad bhattarai, march 1, monarch, mystic, nepal gyanendra, ouster, pashupati, peace, religious function, sidelines