Foreign Policy magazine ranks Zardari fifth biggest loser in WorldMarch 23rd, 2009 - 12:56 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar.23 (ANI): The famous Foreign Policy magazine has ranked Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari as the fifth biggest loser in the world.
Zardari was known to be a bad guy long before he became Pakistans president. Many of the closest friends of his late wife, Benazir Bhutto, could not stand him. Now, as it turns out, neither can most of the Pakistani people, the magazine stated.
According to the magazine, Zardaris giving in to the demands of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharifs of reinstating the judiciary and particularly former Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry has made him weaker.
Hes on the ropes, his opposition is gaining strength, and meanwhile fraught, dangerous, complex Pakistan is hardly being governed at all, the magazine said.
Other biggest losers in the list are US Democratic Senator, Chris Dodd at number four, US swindler Bernie Madoff at number three, and the Roman Catholic Pope on the second spot for his out of touch with the real world view.
The magazine has termed Popes papacy as a disaster, The News reports.
Austrian businessman, Josef Fritzl has been ranked the number one loser.
Fritzl, 73, is currently facing trial for putting his own daughter in a dungeon beneath his house and raping her for over 24 years continuously.
The list also has British Prime Minister Gordon Brown on number ten, and Israeli politician Benjamin Netahanyahu on the ninth spot. (ANI)
- Dungeon dad's Austrian home to be pulled down after becoming tourist attraction - May 02, 2011
- Germany's 'Josef Fritzl' jailed for 14-and-a-half years - Mar 23, 2011
- Fritzl's secret dungeon to be welded shut after becoming teen party venue - Feb 15, 2011
- Josef Fritzl's house to be torn down - Jan 23, 2011
- Ponzi swindler Madoff is a 'rock star' for prison 'groupies' - Jun 08, 2010
- Fritzl reveals details of his cushy life in jail on camera for the first time - Nov 04, 2010
- Outrage after 'dungeon dad' Fritzl gets go-ahead to build houses - Nov 08, 2010
- Josef Fritzl 'demanding retrial' - Mar 27, 2010
- Bernie Madoff's Boxers Anyone? - Nov 12, 2010
- Bernie Madoff Accomplice Sonja Kohn Outed - Dec 11, 2010
- Josef Fritzl's 'dungeon' house to be demolished - Nov 09, 2010
- Polish man given 10 years jail for raping daughter - Feb 05, 2010
- Josef Fritzl 'scared for his life in prison' - Mar 09, 2010
- Fritzl to get extra hour in bed and roast chicken dinner on Christmas Day - Dec 22, 2010
- Fritzl's house of horror to be torn down in 2011 - Dec 22, 2010
Tags: asif ali zardari, benazir bhutto, bernie madoff, biggest loser, biggest losers, british prime minister, british prime minister gordon brown, chief justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, chris dodd, democratic senator, foreign policy magazine, former prime minister, gordon brown, israeli politician, justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, magazine ranks, popes, prime minister gordon brown, roman catholic pope, senator chris dodd