Flood-hit Pakistan gets two more US Marine choppersSeptember 8th, 2010 - 4:46 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Sept.8 (ANI): Flood hit Pakistan has received two more US Marine Corps CH-53E Super Stallion helicopters to ferry relief and rehabilitation supplies to victims of the calamity.
According to a Daily Times report, the copters landed at the Pano Aqil airbase near Sukkur on Tuesday.
So far, six American military helicopters are operating out of Pano Aqil airbase.
The aircraft are part of the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, based at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
Delivered through a US Air Force cargo plane to a US base in Afghanistan, the helicopters were reassembled and then flown to Pano Aqil on Tuesday.
They join 17 other US Navy and Marine Corps helicopters already supporting flood-relief efforts.
Meanwhile, two more CH-53E helicopters are scheduled to arrive in the next few days.
The helicopters would operate in partnership with the Pakistan military throughout the country’s flood-affected areas. (ANI)
- US sends choppers to bolster aid efforts in flood-hit Pak - Aug 14, 2010
- Pak gets two more US army choppers for flood relief operations - Sep 02, 2010
- US withdraws aircraft from Pakistan flood relief work - Oct 06, 2010
- Two U.S. Navy helicopters arrive in Pakistan to provide aid to flood relief efforts - Aug 15, 2010
- US to send 16 more helicopters to flood hit Pak - Aug 19, 2010
- US to send additional 18 helicopters for Pak flood relief - Aug 29, 2010
- Four more US choppers arrive in Pak for flood relief operations - Aug 17, 2010
- No relief work possible as Jacobabad airstrip under US control, Pak Senate panel told - Aug 19, 2010
- US set fire to equipment before leaving Pakistan airbase - Dec 12, 2011
- Seven US Marines killed in helicopter collision - Feb 24, 2012
- Flood victims go on rampage in Pakistan - Aug 16, 2010
- US to meet deadline for vacating airbase: Pakistan - Dec 08, 2011
- Pak Army should support govt, not act as a state within the state: Editorial - Sep 20, 2010
- Half million people affected in Pakistan floods (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- US seeking to reclaim image through flood-relief aid in Pakistan: Holbrooke - Aug 15, 2010
Tags: 26th marine expeditionary unit, calamity, camp lejeune north carolina, cargo plane, ch 53e super stallion, choppers, copters, flood relief efforts, islamabad, marine corps ch, marine corps helicopters, marine expeditionary unit, military helicopters, pakistan military, pano aqil, rehabilitation supplies, sukkur, us air force, us marine corps, us navy