Five killed in Pakistan clashJune 22nd, 2012 - 1:56 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 22 (IANS) At least five people were killed and nine others injured Friday in a clash over the ongoing power crisis in Pakistan’s Sindh province, police said.
The clash in Kashmore town took place between security guards and employees of a private power house, Geo News reported.
Police said the watchman of the Guddu thermal power plant died of a heart attack a few days ago, but his family alleged he had been murdered.
On Friday, family members of the late watchman and members of the Mazari tribe, employed in the power house, gathered at the main gate to protest when the company’s security guards allegedly opened fire at them.
Police said both parties used arms, as a result of which five people were killed.
Police personnel have been deployed in huge numbers at the scene, while members of the Mazari tribe staged a sit-in demonstration at the local press club.
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Six die as rains lash Pakistan province - Sep 02, 2011
- Honour killing: Woman shot dead in Pakistan - Mar 07, 2012
- After threat to Zardari, PML-N offices set ablaze - Oct 30, 2011
- Karachi killing: Apex court orders removal of top officials (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Karachi park killing case taken up by Pakistan apex court - Jun 10, 2011
- Pakistan bars US diplomats from travel without permission - Oct 12, 2011
- Emergency declared in Yemen, 41 killed in police firing (Third Lead) - Mar 18, 2011
- Lightning kills two in Lucknow - Jul 05, 2012
- Man killed in BSF firing in Tripura - May 31, 2012
- Sidhu beats up guard at toll gate, triggers row - Dec 07, 2011
- No blind support to corporates, says Andhra police chief - Dec 30, 2011
- Pakistani lawmaker's wife, daughter killed - Jan 31, 2012
- Day curfew lifted in Meghalaya's riot-hit areas - Jan 14, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh farmers protest land takeover, clash with cops - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: clash, demonstration, family members, few days, friday family, geo news, heart attack, local press, pakistan, power crisis, power house, private power, security guards, sindh province, thermal power plant, tribe, watchman