Five die in Quetta blast (Lead)July 13th, 2012 - 1:59 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 13 (IANS) An Awami National Party (ANP) leader was among five people who were killed Friday in a massive explosion that rocked a market in Pakistan’s Quetta city, a media report said. The blast was followed by heavy firing.
Ten people were injured in the deafening blast at Kuchlak Bazaar, Geo News reported.
The blast was near the venue of an ANP rally and was was followed by intense firing. Five people, including ANP leader Malik Qasim and an eight-year-old boy, were amongst those killed.
The injured include ANP’s provincial president Aurangzaib Kasi and his wife.
Two vehicles were damaged in the blast that spread panic in the area.
Seven kg of explosives were used in the blast that were fitted in a bicycle, said the bomb disposal squad.
- Eight die in Pakistan blast - Jun 07, 2012
- Four die in Pakistan blast - Jul 26, 2012
- Five killed, 15 injured in Pakistan blast - Feb 27, 2012
- Five dead, 24 injured in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Four dead, over 40 injured in two blasts in Pakistan - Jun 21, 2012
- Six killed in Pakistan fireworks blast (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Soldier dies in Pakistan ammunition depot blasts (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- 13 killed, 21 injured in Pakistan car bombing (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Four killed, over 50 wounded in Pakistan bombing (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Blasts kill 10 in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- 14 gunned down in Karachi - Mar 31, 2012
- Karachi firing claims eight lives - Aug 17, 2011
- One killed, 11 hurt in Peshawar bombing (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- One killed, 15 hurt in Quetta bombing (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- 10 die in Pakistan suicide bombing - Aug 31, 2011