Fighter jet crashes in PakistanMay 11th, 2012 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 11 (IANS) A fighter jet of the Pakistan Air Force crashed near Karachi Friday but the pilot managed to eject safely, a media report said.
The France-made Mirage 5 crashed shortly after take-off for a routine training flight from the Masroor air base in Karachi, Xinhua reported citing local media.
The plane crashed in Hub area of Balochistan, 30 km from Karachi.
The Dassault Mirage 5 is a supersonic attack aircraft designed by Dassault Aviation in the 1960s.
- Top officer survives IAF Mirage-2000 crash (Second Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilots bail out (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Pilot dies as Pakistani Air Force trainer crashes (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- IAF Mirage jet crashes, fleet grounded temporarily (Third Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- IAF Mirage combat jet crashes, pilots safely bail out (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- One dead in Pakistan Air Force plane crash - Oct 19, 2011
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, both pilots safe - Feb 24, 2012
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilot safe - Mar 05, 2012
- Su-30 fighter crashes in Russia, crew safe - Feb 28, 2012
- Pakistani woman fighter pilot hurt in crash (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilots eject safely (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Pakistani fighter jet crashes - Aug 16, 2011
- Cabinet to take up Mirage upgrade deal this week - Jul 09, 2011
- IAF has lost 999 planes in crashes since 1970 - Aug 03, 2011
- Russian fighter jet crashes into mountain range, killing two - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: 1960s, attack aircraft, dassault aviation, dassault mirage, fighter jet, hub area, jet crashes, karachi, local media, mirage 5, pakistan air force, pakistan islamabad, pilot, training flight, xinhua