FIA gets two days remand of Mumbai attack suspectsMarch 18th, 2009 - 2:25 pm ICT by ANI
Rawalpindi, Mar.18 (ANI): The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has obtained the physical remand of three Mumbai attack suspects for two more days from the Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) here.
According to The Nation, the FIA had sought the remand of the accused following Indias response to Pakistans 30 questions over the 26/11 incident.
The FIA investigators told the court that the accused were to be interrogated in the light of answers provided by India.
Judge Sakhi M Kahot, while accepting the FIAs plea, extended the custody of Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, Mazhar Iqbal alias Abu al-Qama,and Abdul Wajid alias Zarar Shah to two more days.
The court also extended the judicial remand of another accused Hammad Amin Saddiq for 14 days.
All the accused were arrested in January this year in connection with the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks in which 170 persons including foreigners were killed and over 200 were wounded. (ANI)
- Pak court extends remand of Mumbai terror suspects - Apr 15, 2009
- 26/11 probe: Pakistan rejects India's request to quiz Lakhvi - Mar 13, 2011
- Mumbai terrorist attacks accused seek open trial - May 23, 2010
- Pak court 'refuses to declare Kasab proclaimed offender' in Mumbai terror attacks - Feb 25, 2011
- In camera trial of Lakhvi, Zarar Shah begins at Pakistans Adiala jail - Mar 04, 2009
- Pakistani court adjourns Mumbai attack case hearing - Jul 26, 2009
- Mumbai terror suspects' judicial remand extended for another 14 days - Apr 01, 2009
- Special Pak court adjourns Mumbai attack suspect case for a month - Jul 26, 2009
- Mumbai attack suspect confesses providing logistical support to attackers - Apr 16, 2009
- Judge absent, 26/11 case hearing adjourned - Feb 13, 2010
- Evidence filed against LeT's Lakhvi in 26/11 trial - Jan 30, 2010
- Pakistan's FIA makes another 26/11 arrest - Aug 06, 2009
- Voice samples of 26/11 accused to figure prominently in talks - Feb 18, 2010
- Pakistan bans coverage of 26/11 trial - Aug 29, 2009
- Voice samples of 26/11 accused to figure in India-Pakistan talks (Lead) - Feb 18, 2010
Tags: al qama, alias, amin, federal investigation, foreigners, hammad, India, investigation agency, investigators, judicial remand, physical remand, plea, rehman, saddiq, sakhi, terror attacks, terrorism, wajid