Feinsteins comments on drones simply a news report: USFebruary 15th, 2009 - 1:49 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb.15 (ANI): The Obama administration has described Senator Dianne Feinsteins comments on drones operating in Pakistan were only based on a news report rather than an intelligence report.
Philip J. LaVelle, spokesperson of Feinstein said her comment was solely based on news reports that drones were operated from bases near Islamabad.
“We strongly object to Senator Feinstein’’s remarks being characterized as anything other than a reference to an article that appeared last March in a US newspaper, The News quoted LaVelle, as saying.
On Friday, Chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Dianne Feinstein, had said that CIAs unmanned aircrafts are being operated from an airbase inside Pakistan.
As I understand it, these are flown out of a Pakistani base, she said. (ANI)
- US drones not operating from Pak bases: Qureshi - Feb 16, 2009
- US claims Drones flown from a Pakistani base, Pak denies - Feb 14, 2009
- Petraeus to commence third US 'war' in Pakistan as CIA chief: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- CIA operating predator drones from base in South Pakistan: Times - Feb 18, 2009
- ISI's tacit support to Haqqanis hampering CIA's anti-terrorism efforts in Pak: Report - Feb 18, 2011
- US lawmakers fully informed about drone strikes in Pak : Gates - Jun 06, 2010
- Obama denies allegations over White House leaks - Jun 09, 2012
- US intelligence spying costs over 80 billion dollars annually - Oct 29, 2010
- US Senator under fire over Pakistan drone attacks remark - Feb 27, 2009
- Pak F-16 fighter jets can't target US drones: Rehman Malik - Apr 18, 2011
- Using drones against Al-Qaeda won't stop new attacks in Europe, US: Jihad expert - Apr 07, 2011
- Shots at chest, forehead killed Obama, US looks at seized material (Lead) - May 05, 2011
- Pak F-16 fighter jets capable of shooting down CIA drones: Ex-PAEC head - Apr 23, 2011
- 13 killed in latest US drone strike in North Waziristan - Jun 19, 2010
- US may turn to India if talks with Pakistan fail: Daily - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: airbase, aircrafts, chairwoman, dianne feinstein, drones, feinsteins, intelligence report, islamabad, lavelle, news reports, pakistan, senate intelligence committee, senator feinstein, spokesperson