Fear of result drives Pakistani boy to shoot selfJune 2nd, 2012 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 2 (IANS) A 17-year-old student in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province shot himself dead, fearing failure in the matriculation exams, Online news agency reported.
According to officials, the boy from Londkhur city area in Mardan, was depressed thinking he might flunk in exams and shot himself in the fields near his house at night.
Almost half a dozen students have committed suicide in recent days ahead of exam results, the report said.
- Four of a family gunned down in Pakistan - Jan 15, 2012
- UN chief condemns suicide bombing in Pakistan - Feb 11, 2011
- Pakistani student commits suicide - Apr 01, 2012
- 27 killed as `schoolboy' bomber attacks Pakistan Army centre (Third Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Pakistani teenager immolates himself - Mar 31, 2012
- 27 die as `schoolboy' bomber targets Pakistan Army centre (Second Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Pakistani politician escapes bid on life - Mar 03, 2012
- Girls school blown up in Pakistan - Nov 10, 2011
- Terror bid foiled in Pakistan capital - Dec 28, 2011
- 5.5 magnitude quake strikes Pakistan - Aug 27, 2011
- Girls' school blown up in Pakistan - Jun 01, 2012
- Won't let anyone derail democracy: Gilani - Jun 17, 2012
- Man, woman killed over video in Pakistan - Sep 09, 2011
- High rate of underage marriages in Pakistan - Mar 10, 2012