Emergency landing: India in touch with mission in PakistanJuly 9th, 2012 - 12:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi/Mumbai, July 9 (IANS) Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai is in touch with the Indian High Commission in Islamabad over an emergency landing by an Air India flight in Pakistan early Monday.
The pilot has informed that all passengers and crew on board are safe. The external affairs ministry said it is in constant touch with the Indian High Commission and the pilot. A relief plane is awaited to bring passengers back to India, said official sources.
An Air India flight bound for New Delhi from Abu Dhabi with 122 passengers and six crew members made an emergency landing in Pakistan early Monday due to what is being called a technical fault. All on board were reported safe.
The carrier said a relief aircraft would be sent to Nawabshah airport in Pakistan’s Sindh province to bring those on board back by afternoon.
The Abu Dhabi-New Delhi flight AI940, which originated from Bahrain, was forced to make the landing after a hydraulic failure warning, an airline official said.
- Special plane with stranded passengers reaches Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- Stranded Air India passengers to land in Delhi by 3 p.m. (Second Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Air India relief plane returns, India lauds Pakistan's help but passengers miffed (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Air India relief plane returns, India lauds Pakistan's cooperation (Evening Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Air India passengers relieved to get home, some miffed with Pakistan - Jul 09, 2012
- Krishna thanks Pakistan for help to Indian passengers - Jul 10, 2012
- Emergency landing: Pakistani dailies laud lack of stuffy protocol - Jul 12, 2012
- Air India flight turbulence leaves passengers injured, probe ordered - Jul 26, 2012
- Air India flight makes emergency landing - Aug 30, 2011
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Delhi - Sep 10, 2009
- Plane makes emergency landing after bird hit - Aug 20, 2011
- Tyre burst in Air India flight - Aug 14, 2011
- Pakistani plane makes emergency landing - May 13, 2011
- Air India plane lands in Oman after bomb hoax - Aug 20, 2010
Tags: abu dhabi, air india, air india flight, airline official, constant touch, crew members, early monday, emergency landing, external affairs ministry, hydraulic failure, indian high commission, indian high commission in islamabad, mathai, mumbai, New Delhi, pakistan, pilot, ranjan, sindh province, technical fault