Eight die in Karachi suicide bombingSeptember 19th, 2011 - 1:12 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 19 (IANS) At least eight people, including six policemen, were killed and several injured Monday morning when a vehicle packed with explosives blew up outside the residence of a senior police officer in Pakistan’s port city of Karachi.
The deafening explosion took place in the Defence area, Geo News reported.
The attack targeted the home of Senior Superintendent of Police, CID, Chaudhry Aslam.
The police officer and his family were safe.
Chaudhry Aslam told the media that he had been receiving threats from Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
He said such terrorists are not Muslims who attack innocent people.
The blast was so powerful that it left a six feet wide crater and the windows of nearby buildings were damaged.
Four vehicles near the blast site were completely destroyed.
- Four killed in Karachi suicide attack - Apr 05, 2012
- 4 killed, 14 hurt in Karachi suicide attack (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Taliban militants planning attack on Karachi arrested - Nov 30, 2010
- Seven killed in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- 15 killed in suicide blasts targeting Shiites in Lahore, Karachi (Third Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- Pak intelligence, top cops see "foreign hand" behind Lahore, Karachi suicide attacks - Jan 26, 2011
- Pakistan mosque blast toll reaches 36 - Feb 18, 2012
- Five killed, 34 injured in Peshawar blast - Sep 20, 2011
- Two die as suicide bomber targets US vehicle in Peshawar (Evening Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Three terrorists arrested in Karachi - May 30, 2011
- Lashkar-i-Jhangvi behind Karachi CID building attack: Rehman Malik - Nov 12, 2010
- 13 dead, 50 hurt in Pakistan suicide blast (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Two killed in Lahore station blast (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Three dead, 20 hurt in Pakistan Navy bus bombing (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Taliban kill nine policemen in Lahore (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2012