Eid Mubarak at Wagah-Attari borderAugust 20th, 2012 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
Attari (Punjab), Aug 20 (IANS) Border guards of India and Pakistan at this international border checkpost embraced and exchanged sweets as they wished each other “Eid Mubarak” Monday.
Officers and troopers of the Pakistan Rangers offered sweets to their Indian counterparts from the Border Security Force (BSF) and greeted each other by embracing at the border gates here, 30 km from Amritsar.
Pakistan Rangers commandant Mohammed Rizwan offered sweets and greetings to BSF deputy inspector general I.D. Singh.
Elsewhere in Punjab and Chandigarh, hundreds of Muslims could be seen gathering at local mosques in various cities and towns to offer prayers.
- Sweets and greetings exchanged at Attari border - Aug 15, 2011
- Indian, Pakistan border guards exchange greetings - Aug 15, 2012
- Pakistan Rangers offer BSF sweets on I-Day - Aug 14, 2011
- India, Pakistani troopers exchange sweets on Eid - Nov 07, 2011
- India, Pakistan border guards exchange Diwali sweets - Oct 26, 2011
- India frees 14 Pakistani prisoners (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- BSF-Pakistan Rangers exchange sweets at border on Diwali - Oct 17, 2009
- Midnight tryst with peace - on India-Pakistan border - Aug 15, 2012
- Midnight tryst with peace - on India-Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- BSF gives Pakistan Rangers sweets at Punjab border (Lead) - Aug 15, 2010
- Song and dance too: noisy overture to India-Pakistan daily 'war' - Mar 16, 2011
- Surjeet given rousing welcome in Punjab's Phidde village - Jun 29, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani border guards to prevent truce violations - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistani teenager mistakenly enters India, sent back - Aug 08, 2010
- Pakistani rangers, BSF men share sweets at Wagah border on Eid-ul-Zuha - Nov 28, 2009
Tags: border gates, border guards, border security force, bsf, chandigarh, cities and towns, commandant, deputy inspector general, eid, eid mubarak, india and pakistan, indian counterparts, international border, mohammed, mosques, muslims, pakistan rangers, punjab, rizwan, sweets