Egyptian revolution will deeply impact other Middle-East nations: Jamaat-e-Islami chiefFebruary 21st, 2011 - 4:56 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Feb 21(ANI): Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) Pakistan chief Syed Munawar Hasan has termed the Egyptian revolution as the first drop of rain, saying that it would deeply impact other countries of the region.
Hasan said that a successful Egyptian revolution would mean expelling the US and Israel from the region, and it would not be any easy task.
He further saluted the bravery of the Egyptian masses and praised the political wisdom of the Muslim Brotherhood, and hoped that their struggle would give real freedom to Egyptian masses.
“When we talk about an Islamic revolution we not just talk about the theocratic issues, but also the core problems relating to life and death of masses,” the Daily Times quoted Hasan, as saying.
Hasan also highlighted that the people of Pakistan faced immense poverty, price hikes, injustice and exploitation, but said that history had shown that Pakistani people took to the streets when it was a matter of their faith.
He said it was undeniable fact that their society is a religious society, where religious compulsions and aspirations set the chart of sociopolitical changes.
He also predicted that an Islamic revolution in Pakistan was not far away. (ANI)
- Thousands protest Pakistan's reopening of NATO supply route - Jul 17, 2012
- Growing India-US ties threat to Pak solidarity: Jamaat-e-Islami - Nov 11, 2010
- Zardari has sold Pakistan's independence, sovereignty to US: Jamaat-e-Islami - Mar 24, 2011
- 'Go America Go movement' would lead Pak towards freedom, says JI - Jan 25, 2010
- Pakistanis protest reopening of NATO supply lines - Jul 08, 2012
- Contempt of court action must against "two sides of forged coin" Zardari, Gilani: JI chief - Feb 15, 2010
- Pak Islamist parties manipulating public events to suit desired outcomes: Writer - Mar 12, 2011
- Thousands rally against US in Islamabad - Feb 20, 2012
- Hillary's statement on bin Laden an insult to Pak: JeI chief - May 12, 2010
- Pak religious party passes resolution on freedom from US slavery - Dec 26, 2009
- US presence root cause of all trouble in region: JI - Sep 15, 2009
- JI chief blames Malik, Blackwater for terror attacks in Pak - Mar 13, 2010
- Kashmiri religious group issues dress code for tourists - Jul 04, 2012
- 'NRO backed' Government must bring Musharraf back for trial : JI - Aug 20, 2009
- Pak religious parties say pardoning blasphemy accused Christian woman 'unIslamic' - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: aspirations, bravery, compulsions, core problems, drop of rain, egyptian revolution, hasan, injustice, islamic revolution, jamaat e islami, ji, karachi, life and death, munawar, muslim brotherhood, political wisdom, poverty, price hikes, religious society, undeniable fact