Efforts on to form Government in NepalMay 14th, 2009 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, May 14 (ANI): A meeting of the Nepali Congress (NC), the CPN-UML and the Nepal Sadbhawana Party is underway here today as an attempt to the new government formation.
The Nepali Congress and the UML have urged the Sadbhawana Party to come up with a clear opinion on the issue.
UML chaimrman Jhalanath Khanal, senior leader Madhav Kumar Nepal and Bharat Mohan Adhikari have urged Sadbhawana party chairman Rajendra Mahato including other leaders of the United Democratic Madhesi Front UDMF to sign in their support.
Earlier, Nepali Congress president Girija Prasad Koirala has assured Madhav Kumar Nepal of full support in forming the new government under his leadership.
Koirala made this pledge during a meeting with Nepal on Wednesday afternoon.
Koirala also stressed that the new government should be able to bring the peace process to a logical end and complete the task of the Constitution-drafting on time.
Nepali Congress vice-president Ram Chanadra Poudel said the NC and the UML would be making joint efforts to win support from other parties for the UML-led government.
Meanwhile, senior Maoist leader Mohan Baidya has said that the new government is unlikely to take shape up before Sunday.
Baidya said his party would not allow parliamentary proceedings until Sunday, adding that the Maoists would not accept a government that is formed outside of the parliament.
He also argued that the democratic image of Nepali Congress and CPN (UML) has been tarnished after the latest political development.
Maoists are scheduled to hold mass gatherings in four different places across the country on May 17, to intensify their protests against President Ram Baran Yadav’s move, Nepalnews reported. (ANI)
- Nepal gets a new cabinet - May 06, 2012
- Nepal minister sounds warning to Maoist government - Jan 29, 2012
- Maoist-led govt acceptable in Nepal if past pacts implemented: UML - Jul 02, 2010
- Koirala seeks China's help to form government in Nepal - May 14, 2009
- Nepal parties reach power sharing deal - May 03, 2012
- Nepal's opposition parties to hold anti-PM rally - Jun 02, 2012
- Madhav Kumar could become new Nepal PM: Report - May 17, 2009
- Nepalese PM rules out resigning from premiership - Jun 27, 2010
- PM's Special Envoy meets Nepalese leaders to end political impasse - Aug 05, 2010
- Chinese team in Nepal for talks to resolve political impasse - Sep 12, 2010
- Nepal remains lost in poll labyrinth - Sep 26, 2010
- NC, UML stick to old stance: Nepal PM not stepping down - May 07, 2010
- Krishna leaves for Nepal Friday, 5 pacts on the way (Lead) - Jan 14, 2010
- Nepal top leaders to finalise joint resolution motion - Dec 14, 2009
- Nepal Maoists blame India for failure to form government - Jul 03, 2010
Tags: baran, bharat, congress president, cpn, girija prasad koirala, government formation, kathmandu, maoist, maoists, mass gatherings, mohan, nepali congress, nepalnews, parliamentary proceedings, party chairman, peace process, prasad, rajendra, wednesday afternoon, yadav