Duke of Edinburghs f*** off rant at 10 Downing Street over Dis funeralSeptember 20th, 2008 - 1:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 20 (ANI): The Duke of Edinburgh was so upset with then Prime Minister Tony Blair and officials at 10 Downing Street over the management of Princess Dianas funeral that he ended up swearing at them, a book has revealed.
The Royal Family had been so upset with their inept actions that it made Prince Philip lose his temper and tell them to f*** off.
In the book, Tonys Ten Years, Adam Boulton, the political editor of Sky News, revealed what had led to the exclamation being made by the Prince.
The events of that week in September 1997 were very sad, but as the spinners from Downing Street came to Buckingham Palace and started to kick around what roles Harry and William should play in the funeral, the Queen relished the moment when Philip bellowed over the speakerphone from Balmoral, F*** off. We are talking about two boys who have lost their mother, TimesOnline quoted Boulton, as stating in the book.
Once the arrangements had been sorted out, Blair read the lesson very dramatically that day in the Abbey, he stated.
There had been much tension between the Royal Family, who had been severely criticised for their apparent lack of compassion after the death of the Princess in a car crash in Paris in 1997, and the Government.
The whole episode of how to deal with the Princesss death was portrayed in the 2006 film The Queen. (ANI)
- Royals feared attack on Prince Charles at Diana's funeral - Jan 17, 2011
- Royals feared Prince Charles would be attacked at Diana's funeral - Jan 17, 2011
- Queen furious over Tony Blair memoirs - Sep 04, 2010
- Prince Philip taken to hospital - Aug 16, 2012
- William weds Kate (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- 'Upset' Queen 'to withhold granting Tony Blair exclusive honour' - Sep 05, 2010
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- Now, Tony Blair's autobiography 'infuriates' Prince William - Sep 05, 2010
- Tony Blair says Princess Diana was a manipulator like him - Sep 01, 2010
- Prince William 'to wed Kate Middleton next August' - Aug 29, 2010
- Queen's photos found in attic show off-duty life of the Royals - Feb 22, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton to announce engagement in June? - Apr 07, 2010
- Britain's Prince Philip turns 90 - Jun 10, 2011
Tags: 10 downing street, abbey, apparent lack, buckingham palace, car crash, compassion, downing street, duke of edinburgh, minister tony blair, prime minister tony blair, prince philip, princess dianas funeral, rant, royal family, sky news, speakerphone, spinners, temper, tony blair, two boys