Drop in passengers to India forces PIA to reschedule flightsJanuary 21st, 2009 - 12:07 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Jan 21 (ANI): The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has said that some of its flights to India have been rescheduled after a drop in the number of passengers.
Without revealing that its flights had been cut, PIA said in a handout issued here that passengers to and from Delhi and Mumbai had substantially decreased. So some of the PIA flights for these sectors are being rescheduled as per the passenger load factor, it said.
It asked PIA passengers traveling to Delhi and Mumbai from Karachi and Lahore to provide their contact numbers while booking seats so that information could be provided with regard to change of flight schedule, The News reported.
Meanwhile, the national flag carrier has asked passengers for all domestic and international flights to reach airports in Pakistan at least half an hour before the standard check-in time that is four and a half hours for international flights and two and a half hours for domestic flights before the departure time due to security checks.
Airports in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar and Quetta are witnessing long queues starting right at entry points for vehicle checking, then scanning of luggage at terminals due to which the issue of boarding cards gets delayed and at times confirmed passengers miss their flights.
To maintain timely departures, PIA check-in counters close 45 minutes before departure time for international flights and 35 minutes before departure time for domestic flights. (ANI)
- Metro starts check-in for international flyers - Feb 23, 2012
- Airlines to begin check-in on Airport Metro from Friday (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Chaos at Delhi airport's T-3 as IT systems fail (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan, no survivors (Night Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Kingfisher advances check-in by 10 minutes in six cities (Lead) - Jul 20, 2010
- Airlines to begin check-in on Airport Metro from Friday - Jun 09, 2011
- Bomb scare delays Pakistani flight - Sep 10, 2012
- Domestic flights' check-in opens on Airport Metro line - Jun 10, 2011
- Kingfisher woes force fliers to shift to rival airlines - Feb 20, 2012
- Pakistani held for aircraft hijack threat - Apr 27, 2012
- Delhi airport snag delays 45 flights - Jun 30, 2011
- Flights delayed at Delhi as T3 has blackout - Aug 07, 2011
- Pakistani plane diverted as man suffers stroke - Jun 12, 2011
- London Heathrow airport unveils Olympic terminal - Apr 05, 2012
- Jet Airways flight to Bahrain delayed over bomb scare - Sep 04, 2011
Tags: airports, boarding cards, contact numbers, departures, domestic flights, flight schedule, half an hour, international flights, jan 21, lahore, luggage, minutes before departure time, mumbai, national flag carrier, pakistan international airlines, peshawar, quetta, queues, security checks, two and a half hours