Drinking water after a bender can’t save you from being booked for DUI!June 16th, 2009 - 2:32 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 16 (ANI): Here’s a lesson for those who think drinking water after a bender can spare you a ticket: A drunk driver tried to fool police by guzzling three bottles of water to cover up alcohol level in his blood and on his breath.
Yu had been driving back to Shaoxing, Zhejiang province, and reached the suburbs when his car began forming an S on the expressway.
Cops tried to pull him over but Yu stayed inside the car and kept gulping litres of water, reports the China Daily.
It was only after he opened the door to urinate was he taken into custody and tested for DUI, following which police discovered high levels of alcohol in his blood.
Yu was later slapped with a fine and had his driving license temporarily seized. (ANI)
- US teen busted for DUI while dressed as breathalyser given 90-day jail term - Feb 05, 2011
- Woman gets DUI for drinking vanilla extract - Jul 07, 2010
- US man dressed as portable breathalyser machine busted for DUI - Nov 04, 2010
- 600 people affected by lead poisoning in China - Jun 12, 2011
- Germantown woman faces DUI charges for drinking vanilla - Jul 03, 2010
- Drunk driver bites policeman to avoid alcohol test - May 05, 2011
- Senior Delhi cop praises Ronit Roy - Oct 28, 2011
- Former "Melrose Place" Actress Amy Locane Indicted - Dec 18, 2010
- Topless and drunk woman steals wine from a store - May 24, 2010
- Now a service to drop boozers home - May 25, 2011
- 12 plants closed in China after lead found in kids' blood - Jul 08, 2012
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie WR Mike Williams arrested for DUI - Nov 20, 2010
- Oz woman crashes car twice in 24 hours - Nov 01, 2010
- New law sobers up drunk drivers in China - May 23, 2012
- Thaylin Shawn Pierce pleads 'no contest' to his 11th DUI - Apr 03, 2010