Dragging ISI into Mumbai attack preposterous: Pak FONovember 26th, 2010 - 12:17 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Nov 26 (ANI): A day after a US court issued summons to Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) officials over 26/11 attacks, Pakistan reacted by saying that dragging the ISI into the Mumbai terror attacks in any manner was not only not fair, but preposterous instead.
Communicating with journalists during a weekly press briefing, Foreign Office Spokesperson Abdul Basit said that a trial against the seven accused in the Mumbai terror siege is underway, and that Pakistan is committed to bring the perpetrators of the attack to justice, The Nation reported.
According to US media reports, a court in Brooklyn has issued summons to senior ISI officials, including its chief, Lt Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha, as well as leaders of banned group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) Hafiz Saeed and Zakiur Rahman Lakhvi, in response to a lawsuit filed by relatives of two US victims, accusing them of providing material support for the 26/11 attacks.
The 26-page lawsuit was filed against the ISI and LeT on November 19 by the relatives of Rabbi Gavriel Noah Holtzberg and his wife Rivka, who were both gunned down by terrorists at the Chhabad House in Mumbai. (ANI)
- Pakistan to contest US court notices to ISI officials - Dec 31, 2010
- Hafiz Saeed seeks Pakistan government aid in Mumbai case - Jan 13, 2011
- Don't drag ISI into 26/11 trial, says Pakistan - Nov 25, 2010
- US court summons ISI chief in Mumbai terror case - Nov 24, 2010
- JuD head Hafiz Saeed wants Pak Govt to defend him in US court in Mumbai attack case - Jan 13, 2011
- India may implead in US court to establish ISI's terror link - May 29, 2011
- ISI chief won't appear in US court over Mumbai attack: Gilani (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- US court summons ISI chiefs, LeT leaders in 2008 Mumbai terror attack case - Dec 23, 2010
- Pakistan to defend ISI officials in Mumbai attacks lawsuit filed in US court - Dec 31, 2010
- Pakistan unlikely to defend Hafiz Saeed in 26/11 US lawsuit - Jan 14, 2011
- Mumbai Chabad House 'home' for Baby Moshe, say grandparents - Nov 24, 2010
- Kin of New York victims file Mumbai terror attack civil suit against ISI, Laskar-e-Toiba - Nov 23, 2010
- Lahore HC seeks Pak Defence Ministry's reply regarding Hafiz Saeed petition - Mar 30, 2011
- MQM criticises US court order against Pak intelligence personnel - Dec 26, 2010
- Pak motives point to "protecting" rather than "prosecuting " 26/11 terror suspects: Analyst - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: ahmed, foreign office, gavriel, hafiz, holtzberg, inter services, isi, islamabad, lashkar e taiba, material support, page lawsuit, pasha, perpetrators, rabbi, rivka, saeed, shuja, spokesperson, summons, terror attacks