Don’t use Taiwan to interfere in internal affairs, says China to USMarch 4th, 2010 - 2:41 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Mar 4(ANI): Li Zhaoxing, the chairman of the National People’s Congress (NPC) Foreign Affairs Committee, has said the use of the Taiwan issue by certain country to interfere into China’s internal affairs is “unacceptable”.
“The use of Taiwan issue to interfere into China’s internal affairs and disrupt the great cause of reunification of the Chinese motherland hurts the feelings of the Chinese people across the Taiwan Strait and this is completely unacceptable,” The China Daily quoted Zhaoxing, as saying.
Earlier in January, Washington had announced plans to sell an arms package to Taiwan, which included Patriot missiles, Black Hawk helicopters and mine sweepers.
“At a time, when the Chinese people across the Taiwan Strait are carrying out friendly exchanges as brothers, the advanced arms sales to Taiwan by a certain country is like handing a dagger to one person when he is hugging his brother,” Zhaoxing added.
“The Taiwan issue concerns China’s core interests and the feelings of all Chinese people across the Taiwan Strait,” he added. (ANI)
- Reforms in China bringing opportunities: Official - Mar 04, 2012
- China vows to strengthen military to win 'local wars' (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Dalai Lama is 'political monk', says Chinese official - Mar 04, 2010
- US plans weapons sales to Taiwan - Jan 30, 2010
- China sends special envoy to Syria - Mar 07, 2012
- Taiwan protests its exports labelled 'Made in Taiwan, China' - May 23, 2010
- Chinese tourists to Taiwan set to top one million in 2010 - Jun 20, 2010
- Taiwan seeks F-16s to boost defence - Aug 19, 2010
- China will set 7% annual growth from 2011 to 2015: Jiabao - Feb 27, 2011
- China mulls equal ratio of rural, urban lawmakers - Mar 08, 2012
- China vows to win 'local wars' (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Taiwan bets on trade pact to avert China invasion - May 19, 2010
- China opposes US-Taiwan relations - Jul 19, 2012
- U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates says he hopes U.S. and China can resolve differences - Feb 02, 2010
- China hikes defence budget, wants friendly India ties (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
Tags: black hawk, brother, china daily, congress, core interests, dagger, feelings, foreign affairs committee, hawk, hawk helicopters, internal affairs, li zhaoxing, mine sweepers, motherland, npc, patriot missiles, reunification, taiwan issue, taiwan strait, us beijing