Dont marginalize Nawaz Sharif: ExpertDecember 21st, 2008 - 3:29 pm ICT by ANI
Marvin Weinbaum, expert at the Middle East Institute told a meeting on Afghanistan and Pakistan at the Brookings Institution that Washington has a history of making individual centric policies.
But, the US should not marginalize PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif as it wont take long before US may have to deal with him.
Veteran Algerian diplomat Lakhdar Brahimi was also present at the meeting and he remarked that America should stop playing god in Afghanistan.
Only a pro-people policy could help Afghanistan and a regional security arrangement will help bring about peace and stability to the region, he added.
Commenting on the Taliban, Brahimi said, The Taliban are not going away. They would be willing to negotiate but the price will be high.
Brahimi was quoted by paper as saying that Pakistan has both interests and concerns in Afghanistan, which should be accepted. (ANI)
- Sharif 's U-turn: says Pak's policy of keeping influence in Afghanistan 'flawed' - Jul 07, 2010
- UN observers start leaving Syria - Aug 19, 2012
- Nawaz Sharif begins fresh term as party chief - Jul 28, 2011
- Syria awaits next step's details from UN: deputy FM - Aug 24, 2012
- PML-N hints at legal action against MQM members for "bad-mouthing" its leadership - Jan 02, 2011
- PML-N refutes Zardari's claim of Shahbaz tipping off JUD prior to asset freeze order - Dec 02, 2010
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Zardari convenes 'emergency meeting' of PPP Punjab ministers - Feb 25, 2011
- Nawaz tells Gilani to stop Zardari from interfering with judiciary - Sep 07, 2010
- Nawaz hails Zardari's India trip - Apr 10, 2012
- Nawaz assures Zardari, Gilani that PML-N won't dislodge Pak govt. - Nov 20, 2010
- "Nawaz worried with APML's very first bouncer": Musharraf - Oct 10, 2010
- UN chief reiterates full support for new Syria envoy - Aug 25, 2012
- Musharraf calls Nawaz Sharif "closet Taliban" - Jan 07, 2011