Don’t just focus on politics: Gilani to mediaOctober 18th, 2011 - 1:10 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 18 (IANS) Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has urged the country’s media to focus on educational and health issues instead of chasing politicians.
Gilani Monday told the media to move away from their “sole craving for political issues”.
“You shouldn’t focus only on politicians, or when there will be new elections, or who will be the new prime minister, or whether army chief will take over or not. Instead you should promote educational issues,” Gilani said while addressing an award-distribution ceremony at the National University of Science and Technology here.
The prime minister said education and health are the government’s top priorities.
“It is immaterial whether I remain here or not. It is our new generation which you should project and encourage,” Associated Press of Pakistan quoted Gilani as saying.
- Indo-Pak WC semi-final, not Kashmir, on Gilani's India visit agenda: Awan - Mar 29, 2011
- Gilani rejects trust vote as Zardari returns home (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Pakistan for peaceful coexistence: Gilani - Jul 05, 2011
- Pakistan government should set its house in order: Daily - Jan 14, 2012
- Don't need trust vote, not opposing any institution: Gilani (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Consensus with India on resolving pending issues: Gilani - Jun 14, 2012
- Gilani launches furious diatribe against media for challenging Govt's credibility - Aug 27, 2010
- Al-Zawahiri not in Pakistan: Gilani - May 13, 2012
- Zardari, Gilani, Kayani discuss secret memo to US - Nov 17, 2011
- Pak wants economic growth through global trade, not aid: Gilani - Oct 25, 2010
- Security concerns over Pakistan exaggerated: Gilani - May 12, 2012
- I don't mind sitting in opposition benches: Gilani - Jul 10, 2011
- Gilani has committed contempt, rules Pakistan court - Feb 02, 2012
- Will follow constitution in Zardari case: Gilani - Mar 12, 2012
- Talks only way to improve Pakistan, India ties: Gilani - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: army chief, education, educational issues, elections, health issues, national university of science and technology, new generation, new prime minister, pakistan, politicians, raza, s media, science and technology, top priorities, university of science and technology, yousuf