Dog training centres in China cash in on pet crazeJune 20th, 2009 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 20 (ANI): Dog training centres are cashing in on the latest pet craze in China.
Although the number of pet owners is small, they do not hesitate to splash money to pamper their pooches. There are about 100 dog training centres in China.
For instance at Beijing, Jinjiajun Dog Training Centre, an hour’s drive from the centre of the city, all the 10 “VIP” rooms, each of which can accommodate four dogs, have been booked, reports The China Daily.
And the centre’s 40 dog trainers have their hands full.
Dog owners also have an option to choose from different courses at Jinjiajun.
And the most popular being the basic one-month training costing 4,500 yuan, which uses “German techniques”.
Dogs can also be trained for shows at 5,000 yuan a month, basic agility at 4,500 a month for at least three months, or anti-terrorism maneuvers costing 5,000 yuan a month for a minimum six months.
However, training German Shepherds is the costliest with the fees around 10,000 yuan a month for up to six months.
The centre has purebred dogs from around the world, too, which can mate with pets for a fee. It also has a school to train dog trainers and a facility that sells training equipment.
Lu Yuanjie, Jinjiajun’s manager said that plenty of dog owners need help.
“These people are rich and successful in their fields but when it comes to dealing with their dogs, they are at a loss,” he added. (ANI)
- Chinese can now send off dead pets at disposal plants - Dec 20, 2011
- Now, one-dog policy to counter Shanghai's burgeoning population - Nov 11, 2010
- Dogs pay close attention to human signals - May 06, 2012
- Over 10,000 military dogs serving Chinese army - Dec 23, 2011
- Catwalk for dogs and pets for comfort at this fair! - Jan 22, 2011
- Woman sues airline for killing her pet dog - Jan 10, 2012
- China mulls levy for regional development - Jun 03, 2011
- 12pc of pooches with Facebook profiles have more friends than you do - Mar 09, 2011
- 80pc Brits won't date someone who doesn't like their pooch! - Feb 12, 2011
- Charlize Theron restarts dog collection - Dec 16, 2011
- Mariah Carey hires dog shrink to ready dogs for twin babies' arrival - Mar 15, 2011
- World's most expensive dog costs a million pounds - Mar 16, 2011
- Sleeping with your pooch may be injurious to your health - Jan 22, 2011
- Luxury Hotel for Dogs to Open in New York City - Aug 21, 2012
- Police dogs to patrol Beijing streets - Sep 12, 2011
Tags: agility, beijing, china daily, dog owners, dog trainers, dog training, german shepherds, least three months, maneuvers, money, New Delhi, pet owners, pets, pooches, purebred dogs, six months, terrorism, vip rooms, yuan