DMK to submit Tamil meet resolutions to UN: KarunanidhiSeptember 4th, 2012 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 4 (IANS) DMK president M.Karunanidhi Tuesday said that his party will send the resolutions passed at the Tamil Eelam Supporters Organisation (TESO) meet here to the United Nations (UN).
Speaking to reporters here, Karunanidhi said: “Efforts are on to submit the copies of resolutions passed at the TESO meeting to the UN by M.K. Stalin and T.R. Baalu. Soon I will announce when these two would submit the resolutions to the UN and other foreign missions.”
He said one of the resolutions passed at the TESO meeting is that the Tamils in Sri Lanka have lost their livelihood and they are on the run to save their and their children’s lives.
Queried about the party’s reaction to the Tamil Nadu government’s order to send back two football teams from Sri Lanka from here, Karunanidhi was critical of it, saying it is normal for sportsmen and cricketers from India to visit Sri Lanka and players from Sri Lanka visiting India.
He said all that DMK is saying is that the Sri Lankan defence personnel should not be trained in India and the issue has been raised in parliament as well.
On the proposed visit of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa to India, Karunanidhi said the DMK will not accept with open heart any warm reception to him as he was “responsible for the killings of lakhs of Tamils”.
- 175 Sri Lankan tourists to return following protests (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- 'Aug 12 meet to focus on welfare of Sri Lankan Tamils' - Jul 16, 2012
- DMK withdraws from MPs delegation to Sri Lanka - Apr 15, 2012
- Tamil meet to go ahead Sunday: Karunanidhi - Aug 12, 2012
- DMK to participate in Sep 20 bandh - Sep 18, 2012
- Attack on Lankan visitors unacceptable, says Karunanidhi - Sep 05, 2012
- Do not train Sri Lankans: Jayalalithaa, Karunanidhi (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Uproar in parliament over Sri Lanka's 'war crimes' (Third Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Tamil Eelam is my unrealised dream: Karunanidhi - Mar 23, 2012
- Tamil Nadu parties again demand India back US UNHRC resolution - Mar 13, 2012
- Will get Sri Lankan Tamils their rights: Jayalalithaa - Aug 11, 2011
- India should help form Tamil Eelam: Ramadoss - Apr 26, 2011
- AIADMK out of MPs team to Sri Lanka - Apr 11, 2012
- Don't support Sri Lanka at UNHCR, say Tamil parties - Feb 29, 2012
- India to send back Sri Lanka Air Force personnel - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: chennai, cricketers, football teams, foreign missions, killings, lakhs, livelihood, m karunanidhi, mahinda rajapaksa, open heart, parliament, president mahinda rajapaksa, resolutions, sportsmen, sri lankan president, stalin, tamil nadu government, tamils, visiting india, warm reception