Discuss Siachen as part of Kashmir issue: OmarJune 14th, 2012 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, June 14 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Thursday termed talks between India and Pakistan on Siachen a positive step but wanted the issue not to be discussed and in isolation but as part of the Kashmir issue.
“A comprehensive dialogue aimed at resolving Jammu and Kashmir issue should be undertaken. Siachen is part of Jammu and Kashmir,” he told reporters at Udhampur after attending a police function there.
Abdullah, who was minister of state for foreign affairs during the National Democratic Alliance government in 2001, said: “The dialogue alone can carry forward the steps toward resolution of the issues… Wars are no answer.”
He also reiterated that his National Conference party will vote for the United Progressive Alliance candidate for the presidential poll.
“We will adhere to the coalition dharma,” he said.
- Talks for sake of talks will yield nothing: Abdullah - Jul 07, 2012
- Omar to PDP: You move one sincere step, I'll walk 10 - Feb 29, 2012
- Omar hails Hurriyat leader for meeting interlocutors - Apr 21, 2011
- Farooq asks separatists to talk to central government - Jan 05, 2011
- Omar praises BJP for opening remarks in parliament - Dec 29, 2011
- Omar Abdullah meets visiting Pakistani Kashmir leader - Sep 20, 2011
- Farooq cautions Congress on PDP's designs - Nov 27, 2011
- Omar invokes Dickens, destiny to describe tenure (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- India-Pakistan ties have direct bearing on Kashmir: Omar - Apr 25, 2012
- Credibility of J&K; regime at lowest: Mufti - Sep 01, 2012
- Congress lambasts Omar for acting in 'arbitrary manner' - Oct 27, 2011
- Continue dialogue with Pakistan, Omar urges centre - Oct 22, 2011
- Kashmir Congress slams ally NC over leader's remarks - Jul 09, 2012
- Stone-throwing protests unfortunate: Kashmir governor - Feb 28, 2011
- Omar for sustained Indo-Pak dialogue and 'J-K centric' CBMs - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: alliance government, dharma, dialogue, foreign affairs, india and pakistan, isolation, jammu and kashmir, june 14, kashmir, kashmir chief minister, minister of state, national democratic alliance, police function, presidential poll, progressive alliance, udhampur