Detained Pak youth’s father alleges his son’s arrest in Chile a ‘racial profiling trap’May 13th, 2010 - 4:00 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, May 13 (ANI): Father of Saif-ur-Rehman, the Pakistani man who was arrested in Chile on charges of entering the US Embassy with traces of explosives on his clothes, has alleged that his son is being implicated in a trap, and has been made a victim of racial profiling.
Mehmood Ahmad Rehman Khan said his son, who is doing an internship in a hotel in Chile, had received a phone call asking him to appear for an identification check at the US Embassy in Santiago.
He claimed that Saif, 28, had a visa, which was valid for five years.
“Saif, while chatting on the Skype with his family on May 7 (Friday), told me that a person named Bill had called him from the US embassy in Santiago and asked him to come to the US embassy for some identification check-up,” The Dawn quoted Khan, as saying.
“My son became a victim of racial profiling and has been detained without a valid reason or evidence. His arrest was clearly a setup,” he added. (ANI)
- Pak man arrested in Chile on terror charges claims case of 'mistaken identity' - Jun 10, 2010
- Pak man arrested in Chile charged for illegal possession of explosives - May 16, 2010
- Father of Pak man arrested in Chile urges govt. to ensure 'innocent' son's early release - May 24, 2010
- Pak man detained for explosive residue on hands at US Embassy in Chile - May 12, 2010
- Chile court sends Pakistani back to jail - May 23, 2010
- Pakistani man arrested at US embassy in Chile - May 11, 2010
- Four held for murder - Oct 28, 2011
- Saudi envoy comes up with 'Raymond Davis offer' to bail Pak, US - Mar 10, 2011
- South Asians fear racial profiling over US court ruling - Jun 26, 2012
- Bollywood mum over Saif-Sharma brawl - Feb 23, 2012
- Seven killed in Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 30, 2011
- Terror suspects families cry foul over arrests - Aug 31, 2012
- India unsure of identity of Pakistani held in Chile (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Pak civilian arrested in Chile denies illegal possession of explosives - May 20, 2010
- Saif in trouble for assaulting South African (Second Lead) - Feb 22, 2012