Delhi police nabs a Nigerian national with heroin worth Rs. 25 millionSeptember 4th, 2008 - 8:05 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 4 (ANI): Delhi police has nabbed a Nigerian national with heroin worth Rs. 25 million here today.
While talking to media about the haul Deputy Commissioner of police, Special Cell, Alok Kumar said, A team of special cell led by Inspector Attar Singh under the supervision of Deputy Commissioner Ravi Shankar exposed an international drug cartel. The team has recovered 2.5 kilograms of heroin which is worth Rupees 2.5 crore in international market.
Acting on a tip-off the police team arrested Abdul Latif alias Johnson, a resident of Lagos, Nigeria, and an Indian Mohammad Akhtar with one kilogram of heroin.
Later, the police team recovered 1.5 kilograms more of the contraband concealed at Latif’’s place in Mukherjee Nagar of New Delhi.
According to the police officials the drug was to be smuggled to Holland.
Kumar further said that Latif was booked earlier as well, along with five others including two Nigerian nationals and Rahul Mahajan, son of Promod Mahajan, leader of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in cocaine supply case.
The drug consignment was brought from Afghanistan by the Afghan and was handed over to Latif, police added.
Flanked by two of the world’’s leading producers and exporters of heroin, Afghanistan to the north and Burma to the northeast, India has become a transit point for supply of narcotics to the West. (ANI)
- Two foreigners held for drug trafficking - Oct 13, 2011
- Two arrested for peddling cocaine - Aug 28, 2012
- Woman drug peddler arrested in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Nigerian arrested with cocaine - Feb 25, 2011
- Court defers Rahul Mahajan drug abuse case - May 03, 2011
- Two drug peddlers, supplier arrested in Delhi - Dec 25, 2010
- Nigerian, Nepali aide held, heroin seized - Feb 19, 2011
- Two foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.3 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Interstate narcotic syndicate busted in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Afghan man, Indian woman held with heroin - Jun 05, 2009
- Gurgaon police bust drug gang - May 25, 2012
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- Drugs worth Rs.5 crore seized in Bengal - Feb 05, 2012
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012