Death toll in China’s fireworks factory explosion rises to 19August 17th, 2010 - 2:57 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 17 (ANI): The death toll in Monday’s explosion at a fireworks factory in China’s Heilongjiang province has climbed to 19, with five missing and another 153 injured.
The incident took place on Monday morning at the factory in the Wumahe District of Yichun City.
It killed nine of the factory’s 51 workers and injured 35.
Another eight were killed and 35 injured when the explosion hit the neighboring Taiye Wood Factory.
The blast also killed two pedestrians and injured 83 residents near the factory.
Over 2,000 residents were evacuated after the explosion shattered windows within a one kilometer radius of the factory, the Xinhua news agency reports.
According to reports, the shockwave of the explosion was felt up to five kilometers away.
The cause of the accident is under investigation. (ANI)
- Blast at southwest China fireworks factory kills at least six - Aug 22, 2010
- Twenty dead, more than 150 injured after fireworks factory explodes in northeast China - Aug 17, 2010
- 13 die in China fireworks factory blast - Aug 17, 2010
- Crashed Chinese plane's black box found in Yichun - Aug 25, 2010
- Two fresh eruptions at Indonesia's Mount Lokon - Jul 19, 2011
- Blaze at fireworks factory in southern India kills 38, injures 60 - Sep 06, 2012
- Blast at illegal fireworks workshop in northern China kills 5 - Sep 17, 2012
- Two killed in fireworks factory blast in UP - May 28, 2012
- 20 killed in fireworks factory explosion - Sep 05, 2012
- Explosives-laden truck explodes at Chinese cement factory, 9 dead - Aug 28, 2012
- Black box of ill-fated Chinese plane found - Aug 25, 2010
- Tour bus accident in northeastern China kills 4 - Aug 15, 2011
- Crashed Chinese plane's pilot alive, but unable to talk - Aug 25, 2010
- 42 dead in China plane crash (Roundup) - Aug 25, 2010
- 17 Iranian soldiers killed in ammunition depot blasts - Nov 13, 2011