Davis’s release a national tragedy: PML-NMarch 18th, 2011 - 2:07 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 18 (IANS) The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has said the release of CIA security contractor Raymond Davis was a “national tragedy”.
“The bargaining conducted by the federal government will be remembered as national tragedy in the country’s history,” the PML-N Leader of Opposition, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan was quoted as saying by The News International.
Davis, 36, shot dead two Pakistanis on a motorcycle in Lahore Jan 27 in what he described as an attempted armed robbery. He claimed he acted in self-defence.
A court in Lahore Wednesday acquitted Davis after he reportedly paid compensation to the kin of the dead.
“They (the government) have sold the dignity of the nation only to save a foreign national,” Khan said.
Khan asked those who took “such a big decision” to show moral courage and accept their responsibility before the nation.
He said the days of the rulers, who have no sincerity in national interest, were numbered, and that the PML-N would launch a protest in parliament against Davis’s release.
“They have put national interest at stake,” he said.
A US Air Force plane carrying 12 men, reportedly including Davis, Wednesday took off from Lahore airport for Afghanistan.
- 'Mishandling of Davis case made Pakistan laughing stock' - Mar 21, 2011
- 'Davis's release put Pakistan's head down with shame' - Mar 22, 2011
- Davis' release has shamed Pakistan: Imran Khan (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Pakistan opposition demands probe into Raymond Davis' release - Apr 12, 2011
- Davis's release challenged in Pakistan court - Mar 17, 2011
- Kin of Davis's victims missing, Pakistani court told - Mar 22, 2011
- Pak NA motion calls to debate state institutions' role in Davis' acquittal - Mar 19, 2011
- Pakistani leader admits his wife, kids are US citizens - Sep 14, 2011
- Widow of Lahore shootout victim not satisfied with Punjab Govt's efforts in Davis case - Mar 09, 2011
- PML-Q demands open debate in Pak Punjab Assembly on Raymond Davis' release - Mar 22, 2011
- Mishandling of Davis issue has made Pakistan a laughing stock: Chaudhry Nisar - Mar 21, 2011
- Blame game erupts between PML-N, PML-Q over Raymond Davis' acquittal - Mar 17, 2011
- Davis's release based on ISI-CIA secret deal: Report - Mar 17, 2011
- Lahore trial court to decide Davis immunity issue - Mar 14, 2011
- ISI-CIA deal clinched Davis release, US denies paying blood money (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: 12 men, air force plane, ali khan, armed robbery, islamabad, lahore airport, leader of opposition, moral courage, national interest, national tragedy, nisar, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pakistanis, pml n, raymond davis, security contractor, self defence, sincerity, us air force