Davis release: LHC seeks explanation on Sanaullah’s statement on missing familiesMarch 28th, 2011 - 4:33 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Mar 28(ANI): Taking notice of Pakistan Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah’s claim on missing families of the two young men shot dead by CIA contractor Raymond Davis, the Lahore High Court (LHC) on Monday sought a reply from both the federal and provincial governments.
Sanaullah had claimed that the missing families of Faizan and Fahim were in Rawalpindi.
The Punjab Government had submitted a reply on Monday, stating that it had no information regarding the whereabouts of the families, but the court asked the federal and Punjab governments to submit detailed explanations on Sanaullah’s statement, the Express Tribune reports.
The court has adjourned the hearing till April 1 after issuing notices to the parties. (ANI)
- Pak Home Ministry given a week's time to reply in Davis shootout victims' heirs case - Apr 12, 2011
- LHC grants additional time to Pak Govt to reply about foreigners in Punjab - Apr 27, 2011
- Lahore HC CJ refuses to hear petition against Davis' release - Mar 18, 2011
- Kin of Davis's victims missing, Pakistani court told - Mar 22, 2011
- Lahore HC gives both Pak, Punjab govts 10 days to recover heirs of Davis' victims - Apr 01, 2011
- Pak court seeks govt. response over Raymond Davis' facilities in jail - Feb 28, 2011
- Lahore HC directs both Pak, Punjab govts to explain Davis' acquittal, departure - Mar 31, 2011
- Lahore police chief ignorant about whereabouts of heirs of Davis shootout victims - Mar 22, 2011
- Davis' release challenged in Lahore High Court - Mar 17, 2011
- Lahore HC dismisses application moved by brother of Davis' victim - Mar 11, 2011
- Widow of Lahore shootout victim not satisfied with Punjab Govt's efforts in Davis case - Mar 09, 2011
- US begins probe into Raymond Davis shooting incident - Mar 23, 2011
- Lahore HC quashes petition to make Ambassador Munter party to Raymond Davis case - Mar 08, 2011
- US expects to get 'blood money' bill over Davis' acquittal: Official - Mar 19, 2011
- Lahore HC seeks explanation on 'disappearance' of heirs of Davis shootout victims - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: april 1, cia, cia contractor, detailed explanations, fahim, faizan, lahore high court, law minister, lhc, pakistan, provincial governments, punjab government, rana, raymond davis, reply, young men