Davis’ release has shamed Pakistan: Imran Khan (Lead)March 22nd, 2011 - 3:12 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 22 (IANS) The release of CIA security contractor Raymond Davis, who killed two men in Lahore, has shamed Pakistan, cricekter-turned-politician Imran Khan has said.
The ruling Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) had a “tacit understanding” on his release, and that is why Davis was finally let off, Khan said.
“This act of the rulers has (shamed Pakistan),” Geo News TV quoted Khan as saying.
Davis, 36, shot dead two Pakistanis on a motorcycle in Lahore Jan 27 after alleging they were trying to rob him. He said he acted in self-defence.
A court in Lahore acquitted him after he reportedly paid “blood money” to the kin of the dead.
Imran Khan said the drone strikes by the CIA on the country’s northwest bordering Afghanistan, leading to the deaths of many innocent people, were happening because the government was not interested in stopping them.
- 'Davis's release put Pakistan's head down with shame' - Mar 22, 2011
- Davis's release a national tragedy: PML-N - Mar 18, 2011
- 'Mishandling of Davis case made Pakistan laughing stock' - Mar 21, 2011
- Davis's release challenged in Pakistan court - Mar 17, 2011
- Pak NA motion calls to debate state institutions' role in Davis' acquittal - Mar 19, 2011
- PML-Q demands open debate in Pak Punjab Assembly on Raymond Davis' release - Mar 22, 2011
- Kin of Davis's victims missing, Pakistani court told - Mar 22, 2011
- Pakistanis protest against Davis' release (Second Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Pak court indicts Raymond Davis for double murder - Mar 16, 2011
- Lahore HC dismisses application moved by brother of Davis' victim - Mar 11, 2011
- Raymond Davis released by Pakistani court (Third Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Pak-US relations can't be held hostage to Raymond Davis case: Gilani - Mar 13, 2011
- Imran's party threatens to block NATO supplies - Mar 26, 2011
- Blame game erupts between PML-N, PML-Q over Raymond Davis' acquittal - Mar 17, 2011
- Pakistani court frees Davis (Second Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: blood money, cia, deaths, drone, geo news, lahore, motorcycle, news tv, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pakistan peoples party, pakistanis, pml n, politician imran khan, ppp, raymond davis, rulers, security contractor, self defence, two men