Crop circle in Indonesia causes controversy among locals, scientistsJanuary 25th, 2011 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 25 (ANI): The first crop circle in Indonesia has started a controversy, with locals saying that it is man made, while UFO enthusiasts say it’s by aliens, and scientists are scrambling to find an answer.
The crop circle was found in a rice field in a hamlet of Sleman, Yogyakarta, and it consists of triangles and circles with a diameter of about 70 meters.
“According to several residents, they saw a tornado on Saturday evening,” Fox News quoted Ngadiran, one of six farmers who own the land in Sleman, as saying.
“On Sunday afternoon, we saw the footprint in our fields,” the farmer stated.
A farmer first reported the pattern, and his story drew hordes of people, causing heavy traffic congestion in the region.
“I think they were left by an alien space ship, like one I saw on TV. It is impossible that this was made by wind or any animal,” Krasakan a resident of Cahyo Utomo told the Jakarta Post.
But officials remain sceptical that the crop circle is evidence of a close encounter of the third kind.
“We will not send investigators to the scene because we suspect the crop circle involves human intervention, not natural phenomena, nor scientific phenomena associated with outer space creatures commonly referred to as aliens,” Thomas Djamaluddin, chief of astronomy research at Indonesia’s space agency, told the Jakarta Globe. (ANI)
- Indonesian tornado leaves 14 dead - Jan 29, 2012
- Bombs hurled at Indonesia church - Apr 29, 2011
- Seven killed in Indonesia cafe fire - Jun 25, 2010
- Physics may explain crop-circles mystery - Aug 01, 2011
- Scientists inspect Haryana's rare tornado site (Lead) - Jul 24, 2010
- US police saw UFO explode in 1949: FBI secret files - Apr 11, 2011
- Thousands of Indonesians protest against governor elections in Yogyakarta sultanate province - Dec 13, 2010
- UFO over Lafayette, Colorado, caught on camera - Mar 29, 2011
- Rare tornado seen in Haryana village - Jul 24, 2010
- Indonesia deploys Navy ships after second death in Tiaka riots - Aug 24, 2011
- Could mysterious 3D crop circle be UFO message? - Jul 19, 2010
- East Asian nations need to cooperate on education: India (With Images) - Jul 05, 2012
- Marta Yegorovnam says that she kept an alien in the fridge for 2 years - Nov 16, 2011
- Mork and Mindy aliens spotted in East Dulwich - Aug 11, 2011
- Thousands flee, some hurt as Mount Merapi erupts on Java - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: alien space ship, astronomy research, close encounter of the third kind, crop circle, footprint, fox news, heavy traffic, hordes, human intervention, jakarta post, natural phenomena, outer space, rice field, saturday evening, space agency, space creatures, traffic congestion, triangles, ufo enthusiasts, yogyakarta