Court suspends Rehman Malik’s Senate membershipJune 4th, 2012 - 5:48 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 4 (IANS) A court Monday suspended the Senate membership of Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik over holding dual nationality, a media report said.
A three-member bench of the Supreme Court, headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, heard the case of Malik holding dual nationality of Britain and Pakistan, reported Geo News.
Malik said that he had forfeited his British citizenship but he failed to provide sufficient documents to the apex court.
- Pakistani apex court suspends Rehman Malik from Senate (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Rehman Malik made advisor to Pakistani PM - Jun 05, 2012
- Rehman Malik resigns as minister, made PM's advisor (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Rehman Malik resigns from Pakistani Senate - Jul 10, 2012
- Not aware of chief justice's son's case: Rehman Malik (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Pakistan court suspends MP over dual citizenship - May 25, 2012
- Rehman Malik takes oath as senator - Jul 28, 2012
- Gilani supports dual citizenship for MPs - May 28, 2012
- Rehman Malik submits nomination papers for Senate - Jul 20, 2012
- Top Pakistani Taliban leadership eliminated: Malik - Jun 26, 2012
- Pakistan attorney general turns abusive in Supreme Court - Jun 15, 2012
- Gilani hurt his own dignity: Sharif - Jun 20, 2012
- PPP nominates Makhdoom Shahbuddin as new PM - Jun 20, 2012
- Malik claims ignorance of Pakistan chief justice's son case - Jun 13, 2012
- Lahore HC reserves verdict in plea challenging Zardari's pardon to Malik - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: apex, apex court, bench, british citizenship, chief justice iftikhar, chief justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, dual nationality, geo news, iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, interior minister, justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, muhammad, pakistan, rehman malik, senate membership, supreme court