Court sends two to police remand for helping Pakistani spyNovember 17th, 2009 - 10:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS) A city court Tuesday remanded two men to seven days police custody for allegedly helping a suspected Pakistani spy in getting a passport and a driving licence using forged documents.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja sent Chand Mohammed and Mohammed Arshad to police custody till Nov 23.
Both were arrested from Lucknow by the Special Cell of Delhi Police and Uttar Pradesh’s Anti Terrorist Force.
They are said to have helped Jabbar alias Syed Amir Ali, the suspected Pakistani spy who was arrested from Delhi airport Saturday, in procuring a passport and a driving licence using forged documents.
According to police, Jabbar, who was staying in Shahdara area of Delhi belongs to Karachi in Pakistan. He was working as a technician in a mobile phone repair shop in Mansarovar Park in northeast Delhi.
Jabbar was apprehended while trying to board a flight to Dammam in Saudi Arabia allegedly using a fake passport he procured from Lucknow.
- Joint police operation gets hold of a Pakistani spy - Nov 17, 2009
- Man held for aiding ISI agent get Indian passport - Jul 23, 2010
- Loan agent held for forgery - Apr 01, 2012
- Policeman arrested for okaying passport for Pakistan spy? - Nov 17, 2009
- Pakistani spy held in Delhi with secret defence papers (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Three more pilots under scanner for fake licence - Apr 12, 2011
- Navy employee held for spying sent to judicial custody - May 31, 2010
- Bangladeshi arrested for seeking Indian passport - Sep 21, 2012
- Fake pilot scam: One more held - May 12, 2011
- Six Indian Mujahideen suspects held for terror attacks - Nov 30, 2011
- Fake pilot probe: Two DGCA officials held - Apr 06, 2011
- Pakistani spy had licence, voter ID and PAN card: police - Jul 12, 2010
- Pakistani spy had licence, voter ID card: police (Lead) - Jul 13, 2010
- Two more held in fake pilot scam - Apr 05, 2011
- Lookout notices issued for three fake pilots, instructor - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: alias, amir ali, delhi airport, delhi police, driving licence, fake passport, getting a passport, lucknow, magistrate, mobile phone repair, mohammed, New Delhi, pakistan, police custody, remand, saudi arabia, seven days, spy, two men, uttar pradesh