Contempt notice: Gilani will appear before apex courtJanuary 16th, 2012 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 16 (IANS) Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani will appear before the Supreme Court, which issued a contempt notice to him Monday, said a media report here.
Geo News reported that the Gilani will appear before the Supreme Court Jan 19 following a decision taken during a meeting of ruling coalition partners.
President Asif Ali Zardari attended the meeting of the Parliamentary Committee of coalition partners held at the Prime Minister House.
The meeting was called after the Supreme Court issued a contempt notice to Gilani for not implementing its directive to act against Zardari, who had been granted amnesty under the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) in cases of corruption. Gilani was directed to appear personally before the bench Jan 19.
The NRO, issued in 2007 by then president Parvez Musharraf to facilitate the return of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto and her husband Zardari, had been struck down as void by the Supreme Court in 2009.
- Gilani meets Zardari after apex court's contempt notice - Jan 16, 2012
- Gilani offers to quit: Report (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Country stands by Supreme Court, says Imran Khan - Jan 16, 2012
- `Gilani has accepted majesty of law' - Jan 19, 2012
- Contempt of court: Supreme Court adjourns till Feb 1 - Jan 19, 2012
- Contempt of court: Gilani set to appear before apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Have always respected court: Gilani - Jan 19, 2012
- Contempt notice against Gilani challenged - Jan 17, 2012
- Pakistani PM files appeal in contempt of court - Feb 08, 2012
- Gilani offers to quit after apex court contempt notice (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- PM should respect court orders: Nawaz - Jan 17, 2012
- Gilani to appear before Supreme Court for sentencing - Apr 25, 2012
- No contempt proceedings if president has immunity: Pakistani court - Feb 01, 2012
- Evidence submitted in Gilani's contempt case - Feb 22, 2012
- Contempt case: SC to decide Gilani's fate Thursday (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: amnesty, apex, apex court, asif ali zardari, benazir bhutto, bench, coalition partners, contempt notice, corruption, former prime minister, geo news, gilani, jan 19, national reconciliation, news reported that, nro, parliamentary committee, raza, supreme court, yousuf