Conform to standards to boost exports: GilaniOctober 15th, 2011 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 15 (IANS) Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has urged businesses to focus on conforming to international standards to achieve high exports and economic growth.
“We are living in an era where success of exports depends on the conformance to international standards because it plays a critical role in promoting and creating consumer confidence in products and thereby provides much needed stimulus for growth of our economy,” he said.
“In the global markets productivity alongwith conformance to international standards determine and gives a competitive edge to the products”, Gilani said in a message on the occasion of World Standards Day Oct 14.
Gilani said the Pakistan Standards and Quality Control Authority (PSQCA) has developed a wide range of standards for products, services, health, safety and environment etc.
“These standards have been formulated in the light of parameters set by International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Electro Technical Commission, and International Organization on Legal Metrology (OIML),” the APP news agency quoted him as saying.
- Pakistani products must meet global standards: PM - Oct 14, 2011
- China, Turkey, Korea keen to invest in Pakistan - Aug 01, 2011
- Churchill inspired me to be soft but firm: Gilani - Oct 15, 2011
- India, Pakistan to ink three trade deals - Feb 14, 2012
- Pakistan determined to develop IT sector - Jun 01, 2011
- Need better standards in electronics manufacturing: CII - Sep 25, 2011
- State Bank of Pakistan gets new governor - Oct 20, 2011
- 'Pakistan to continue building its military potential' - Mar 30, 2012
- Pakistan launches 4,500 MW dam project - Oct 19, 2011
- BIS working on nano-technology standard - Jan 17, 2012
- Pakistan looks to Iran to mitigate energy woes - Oct 20, 2011
- Pakistan will continue to raise Kashmir issue: Gilani - Oct 14, 2011
- UAE to restrict use of two-pin power plugs - Oct 29, 2011
- Talks must resolve all Pakistan-India issues: Gilani - Apr 23, 2012
- Gilani gifts cameras to journalists - Jun 06, 2011
Tags: app news, competitive edge, conformance, consumer confidence, critical role, economic growth, global markets, health safety, international organization, islamabad, legal metrology, news agency, pakistani prime minister, parameters, productivity, quality control, raza, services health, stimulus, yousuf