CID RAW report leak to Pak media, a ploy to drag India into Lahore attackMarch 4th, 2009 - 7:32 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar.4 (ANI): The Pakistan Government was warned about a possible attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team by the Crime Investigation Department (CID), Punjab, recently.
The Punjab CID had also tabled a secret report saying that the Indian intelligence agency-RAW (Research and Analysis Wing) was chalking out plans to attack the Lankan to malign Pakistans image on the international stage.
The report tagged “SECRET/IMMEDIATE” with subject “SOURCE REPORT” said : “It has reliably been learnt that RAW (Indian intelligence agency) has assigned its agents the task to target Sri Lankan cricket team during its current visit to Lahore, especially while travelling between the hotel and stadium or at hotel during their stay.
This secret report has now surfaced in Pakistani media.
But the million dollar question here is that if Islamabad had so specific knowledge about the threat to the visiting Lankans, then why it didnt act.
Moreover, the Pakistani authorities had promised unprecedented security arrangements for the visitors during the series.
So, the sudden appearance of the Pak CID report charging the Indian intelligence agency, RAW for plotting the Lahore attack, has some stinking factor behind it.
It seems that Pakistan, in a deliberate effort to divert the international attention from its own failure, has put forward the propaganda of attacking India and trickled the CID report to the media.
Putting India to blame had started even before the dust of the Lahore terror attack had settled with a PPP leader, within minutes of the attack, saying: This is clearly the work of a foreign hand.
No surprise that the recent leaking of the top secret intelligence report is just another ploy to drag India into the issue. (ANI)
- Conspiracy theories abound post-Lahore attack - Mar 04, 2009
- Pakistan tour: Bangladesh Cricket Board satisfied with security - Mar 05, 2012
- Pakistan pitches for reviving cricketing ties (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistan hopes to lure cricket teams with foolproof security - Dec 10, 2011
- Fearing recruitment, India restricts contacts with CIA - Jul 23, 2012
- Pak claims concrete evidence of RAW's involvement in ongoing terror spree - Dec 28, 2009
- 250 suspects detained over Lahore terror attack - May 30, 2010
- Pakistan to have task force for players' safety - Nov 23, 2011
- Pakistan leave for UAE to play against Sri Lanka - Oct 15, 2011
- Mohali, the nearest Pakistan can play from home (Lead) - Mar 29, 2011
- Pakistan Senate for action against cops - Mar 15, 2011
- Flashback to 1996, and that joint India-Pakistan team - Mar 29, 2011
- Cricket tour an excellent CBM: Pakistani daily - Jul 18, 2012
- Ex-ISI official alleges CIA, RAW, Mossad behind Baloch insurgency - Mar 14, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani teams leave for Mumbai, Lahore (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: crime investigation department, deliberate effort, department cid, dollar question, intelligence agency, intelligence report, international attention, international stage, pak media, pakistan government, pakistani authorities, raw report, secret intelligence, security arrangements, sri lankan cricket, sri lankan cricket team, subject source, sudden appearance, terror attack, unprecedented security