CIA asked Blackwater to kill A Q Khan, claims agency’s founderDecember 12th, 2009 - 1:04 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Dec.12 (ANI): In a stunning revelation, US private security service agency, Blackwater’s founder, Erik Prince, has claimed that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) had asked the agency to kill Pakistani nuclear scientist, Dr. A Q Khan.
In an interview with Vanity Fair, Prince said the CIA had asked the Blackwater to eliminate Dr. Khan, however, authorities in Washington “chose not to pull the trigger.”
“Dr Khan’s inclusion in the target list would suggest that the assassination effort was broader than has previously been acknowledged,” Prince said.
According to The New York Times, Prince has also admitted Blackwater’s participation in some of the CIA’s most sensitive operations, including raids on suspected militants in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Prince said Blackwater’s, which now known as Xe Worldwide Services, role changed remarkably after its officials started providing security cover to CIA operatives in the field.
Raids on suspected insurgents in Iraq, known as ’snatch and grab’ operations, were mostly carried out during nights between 2004 and 2006.
The newspaper quoted several former Blackwater guards as saying that operations to capture and kill militants in Iraq and Afghanistan became so routine, that Blackwater personnel sometimes became partners in the missions rather than simply providing the security for the CIA officials.
However, the current management of the Xe Services has denied any association with the CIA in its secret operations.
“Blackwater was never under contract to participate in covert raids with CIA or Special Forces troops in Iraq, Afghanistan or anywhere else. Any allegation to the contrary by any news organisation would be false,” said Mark Corallo, a spokesman for Xe Services. (ANI)
- CIA terminates contract with controversial security firm Blackwater : Report - Dec 12, 2009
- Blackwater directly participated in secret CIA raids in Iraq, Afghanistan - Dec 11, 2009
- US journalist accuses 'Blackwater' of being behind false flag terrorist attacks in Pak - Sep 25, 2010
- Blackwater to continue obtaining security contracts after deal with State Department - Aug 21, 2010
- CIA hires controversial Blackwater for providing security services in Afghanistan - Jun 24, 2010
- CIA cuts contract with Blackwater for US drones - Dec 13, 2009
- RAW, MOSSAD or CIA could be behind Pak minister's assassination: Report - Mar 03, 2011
- Pak newspaper claims hundreds of pro-India, pro-Israel CIA agents operating in country - Mar 02, 2011
- Blackwater accused of bagging US Govt contracts through plethora of dummy companies - Sep 04, 2010
- Blackwater created shell firms to win contracts, says NYT - Sep 04, 2010
- Is Blackwater's Erik Prince moving to UAE? - Jun 17, 2010
- Backwater founder Erik Prince claims he was a CIA spy - Dec 05, 2009
- Blackwater Guards Role In CIA Raids Under Speculation - Dec 11, 2009
- Davis was providing security for a CIA team-tracking militants: Report - Feb 22, 2011
- Blackwater set to remain in Afghanistan despite reshuffling private security contractors - Mar 08, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,