Chinese team in Nepal for talks to resolve political impasseSeptember 12th, 2010 - 2:43 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, Sept.12 (ANI): A Chinese delegation, led by a senior leader of the Communist Party of China, He Yong, is in Nepal holding discussions on the current political situation in the Himalayan state.
He Yong is the Vice-Premier and Secretary at the Secretariat of the 17th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
The 21-member delegation comprising senior Chinese leaders and officials will hold talks with Nepalese President Ram Baran Yadav, caretaker Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal and top leaders of UCPN (Maoist), Nepali Congress, CPN-UML and other political parties.
“This visit by Chinese delegation is the result of an invitation by the political parties of Nepal. This visit shall further strengthen the relations between political groups in Nepal and Communist Party of China,” said Prakash Man Singh, a Nepali Congress leader.
The political turmoil has been brought on by the failure to select a new prime minister and a new government since the resignation of Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal two months ago.
He Yong’s visit is crucial, as a fresh audiotape scandal involving China has further complicated the ongoing prime ministerial elections in Nepal that have so far remained fruitless.
This is the highest-level Chinese delegation visiting Nepal since the peace process began in the landlocked Himalayan nation. (ANI)
- Nepal parties reach power sharing deal - May 03, 2012
- Nepali Speaker urged to help end "meaningless" PM election - Sep 24, 2010
- Nepal gets a new cabinet - May 06, 2012
- Krishna leaves for Nepal Friday, 5 pacts on the way (Lead) - Jan 14, 2010
- Conflict between parties delaying Nepal's cabinet expansion: Experts - Feb 14, 2011
- Maoist-led govt acceptable in Nepal if past pacts implemented: UML - Jul 02, 2010
- Nepal's opposition parties to hold anti-PM rally - Jun 02, 2012
- Nepalese PM rules out resigning from premiership - Jun 27, 2010
- Nepal opposition plans anti-government protest - Jun 05, 2012
- Nepali president meets visiting Chinese leader - Nov 08, 2011
- PM's Special Envoy meets Nepalese leaders to end political impasse - Aug 05, 2010
- Nepal minister sounds warning to Maoist government - Jan 29, 2012
- Nepal says Maoists must expedite constitution writing process - Apr 03, 2011
- Nepal remains lost in poll labyrinth - Sep 26, 2010
- India accused of spoiling Maoist chances in Nepal - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: caretaker, central committee of the communist party, chinese delegation, chinese leaders, chinese team, communist party of china, congress leader, cpn, himalayan state, madhav, man singh, maoist, member delegation, new prime minister, peace process, political groups, political impasse, political parties, political situation, political turmoil