Chinese school urges students to adjust ‘body rhythm’ for toilet breaks!May 4th, 2009 - 5:46 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 4 (ANI): A Chinese school is offering a rather unusual advice to its students, “Adjust your body rhythm as soon as possible to completely rule out needing toilet breaks during class.”
Sanmenxia No.1 High School has put the red banner emblazoned with the bizarre advice across the campus toilets.
According to the Chongqing Times, banner that appeared on a Baidu.com forum was photographed by a Xi’an university sophmore, user name “Wrffrw”, at his Henan Province alma mater on April 5.
“It’s so ridiculous that the school supervises their students’ toilet use,” he said.
“Not just our school, but many schools across the country have hung the same banner,” the Global Times quoted a teacher in charge of school as saying.
According to an insider, some students use ‘going to the toilet’ as an excuse to hang out in the schoolyard.
Although breaks are tight for students, another teacher said that students will still have enough time to go to the toilet after the curriculum reform.
Xu Bin, a teacher at Yanzhou No.1 High School said that Sanmenxia No.1 High School visited his school before the spring festival.
He added the same banner hangs at his school, reminding students to adjust their toilet time.
“The motive of the banner is good: to remind students to reasonably manage their time. But it is too serious and excludes some special situations such as diarrhea during class,” a teacher surnamed Shao in Beijing No.65 Middle School said.
Few students go to the toilet during classes in her school anyway, she added. (ANI)
- Farewell to college life - with love, laughter and naughtiness - Jul 03, 2011
- British teachers want toilet-trained pupils - Feb 08, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers held for beating student (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- China to deploy more security guards at schools - Aug 17, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012
- Chennai student kills teacher for complaining to parents (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Manipur teachers on strike over salary hike demand - Feb 23, 2011
- Chennai student kills teacher for complaining to parents (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Jake Gyllenhaal becomes 'Edible Schoolyard' spokesman - Mar 27, 2011
- Sibal launches school sanitation website - Jul 07, 2011
- Chennai student kills teacher for complaining to parents - Feb 09, 2012
- Hello, This Is Nature's Call From A Garbage Heap! - Apr 07, 2012
- 95 percent schools lack RTE infrastructure - Apr 08, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir school lacks basic infrastructure facilities - Aug 19, 2010
- Chinese writers reject copyright infringement apology from search giant Baidu - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: alma mater, beijing, body rhythm, chinese school, chongqing, curriculum reform, diarrhea, excuse, global times, going to the toilet, henan province, insider, motive, New Delhi, schoolyard, special situations, spring festival, toilet time, toilets, university sophmore