Chinese school donates fund for Pakistan flood victimsOctober 2nd, 2010 - 10:14 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 2 (IANS) An elementary school in China organised a fund-raiser for collecting donations for the flood-hit people of Pakistan.
The principal of the school in Gongyi city in Henan province sent a cheque of 1,506 yuan ($220) to the Pakistani ambassador to China, Masood Khan, the Online news agency reported.
In a letter, the school principal said he was moved by Pakistan’s support and contributions for relief during the Sichuan earthquake.
He said he wanted to use this small fund-raising activity to create awareness among young students about the Pakistan-China friendship.
Ambassador Masood Khan thanked the principal, and said Pakistan was touched by this gesture of the elementary school children.
Pakistan and China were “all-weather and time-tested friends”, and it was very important that the future generation of both countries are made aware of the nature of this relationship, he said.
- Pakistan issues stamp to honour China - Oct 01, 2009
- Wen reiterates support to Pakistan's sovereignty - Aug 25, 2011
- Sino-Pak trade could exceed 2015 target: Envoy - Dec 13, 2010
- Pakistan, China ties are unique: Hina Rabbani Khar - Aug 24, 2011
- China to give additional $29 mn to flood-hit Pakistan - Sep 07, 2010
- Jiabao to visit Pak next month for "deepening strategic cooperation" - Nov 13, 2010
- Pakistan-China ties critical for security: Zardari - Jun 09, 2011
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao to leave for Pak on Friday - Dec 16, 2010
- China's firm policy to deepen Pakistan ties: Wen (Lead) - Dec 18, 2010
- Pak envoy rejects criticism of China's timely flood-related aid - Aug 25, 2010
- Pakistan to raise flood aid in Dubai - Sep 28, 2011
- China spends $79 mn from lottery on poor - Jan 27, 2012
- China to give $5 million more for Pakistan's flood victims - Oct 07, 2011
- Chinese Premier Jiabao heads to Pakistan to boost trade - Dec 17, 2010
- Nearly 100 killed in China rains (Third Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: ambassador, cheque, chinese school, donations, earthquake, elementary school children, elementary school in china, flood victims, friendship, fund raiser, future generation, gesture, masood khan, news agency, pakistan, relationship, school principal, sichuan, weather, yuan