Chinese man with migraines shocked to find he had knife in his brain for 4-yrsFebruary 17th, 2011 - 5:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 17 (ANI): A Chinese man, who visited a doctor to complain about continuous migraines, was shocked when he was told that he had a 4in knife blade stuck in his brain.
Li Fu, 37, from Yunnan Province, China, had been stabbed during a robbery in 2006, and despite receiving treatment for his injuries, doctors failed to notice the knife buried deep in his cranium.
It wasn’t until Li visited the doctor last month to complain of his continuous migraines that doctors finally made the grim discovery after a routine X-ray.
Li and his family were so shocked by the X-ray results, they asked for a second opinion before agreeing to let doctors operate.
The second doctor confirmed the suspicions and Li underwent an operation to remove the knife at People’s Hospital in Yuxi City, Yunnan Province.
Luo Zhiwei, a surgeon at People’s Hospital of Yuxi said he had never seen anything so bizarre in his entire career.
He said it was a miracle that Li could survive being stabbed in the head, let alone survive having the knife lodged in his brain for four years.
“It’s a medical miracle. The knife was almost intact when we removed it,” the Daily Mail quoted him as saying. (ANI)
- Li Fu of China had a knife stuck in his brain for 4 years - Feb 18, 2011
- Dog wins America's Wackiest X-ray contest - Oct 28, 2011
- Alien tumor found inside Californian man - Feb 16, 2011
- 'Six-legged baby' operated in Karachi - Apr 19, 2012
- Chinese man buries son alive over homework - Apr 20, 2012
- Migraines do not hurt your brain - Aug 12, 2012
- X-ray technique peers beneath surfaces of artefacts - Mar 26, 2011
- Baby with six legs born in Pakistan - Apr 18, 2012
- Chennai student kills teacher for complaining to parents - Feb 09, 2012
- Florida teenager survives harpoon through head - Jun 20, 2012
- Two held for Chinese journalist's killing - Sep 21, 2011
- Strange "Alien Tumor" Found Growing Inside California Man - Feb 16, 2011
- Chinese man stabs wife, two couples to death - Jul 03, 2012
- Elderly people with clinical depression more prone to knee arthritis - Mar 17, 2011
- 20 needles in woman's body in Brazil - Jul 10, 2010
Tags: brain, chinese man, cranium, daily mail, doctors, grim discovery, knife blade, london feb, luo, medical miracle, migraines, robbery, s hospital, second opinion, suspicions, x ray, yunnan province china, yuxi