Chinas film corporation denies ban on US movies

December 13th, 2007 - 4:36 pm ICT by admin  

New Delhi, Dec 13 (ANI): The China Film Group Corporation (CFGC) has dismissed the New York Times report which alleged that China had stopped granting permission to US films to be screened in cinemas on the mainland.

The newspaper quoted anonymous US officials alleging that the Chinese government was no longer approving American movies for release early next year.

As for the reason, it stated, was an apparent trade dispute.

CFGC spokesman Weng Li in his reaction to the reports said that the company has not received any kind of an instruction.

“I have never heard of such a thing, that is, my company hasn’t received any instruction of the kind, China Daily quoted Li, as saying.

The CFGC, the only importer of foreign films in China, will release two foreign films next January - one made in Spain, and the other in Japan.

“But that’s only for January,” he said.

The decision for February has not yet been made.

Hollywood blockbusters, The Bourne Ultimatum and Live Free or Die Hard, were screened in Chinese cinemas last month. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in South Asia |